Best anime soundtrack?

Fed-Kun's army
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
.hack//sign

Both soundtracks made by Yuki Kajiura, she's a great artist and they're among my alltime favourites.

Violet Evergarden has one of the best soundtracks I've ever seen. Anime movies shouldn't be overlooked because the music is great like a Silent Voice, Your Name, and Weathering with you and Ghibli movies like Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro and Howl's moving castle.

My picks would probably Konosuba ( A surprising amount of great work, especially Megumin’s Theme), The drill duo of Promare and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (the hiphop rock and the orchestraic arrangements for both are sure to make you fired up), and a collection of the Ghibli movies (especially the ones with flying instruments/vehicles in them, that fly-up ost is superb).

I kind of agree with @Nougat_Nugget about violet evergarden ost being good (not the best for me). AoT has a good opening as well as Death Note; Basilisk has an overall good ost.

The opening of Elfen Lied (tks for the tip @gemule, hadn't seen that anime before) is also great. I also forgot to mention Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (a classical music class for beginners) and ,I don't know why but for some misterious dark reason, "Koi No Hime Hime Pettanko" from Yowamushi Pedal (can't explain why I liked this one....)

@BirchJuice i honestly didn't think about checking previous posts.....my mistake (tks for pointing that out!)

Plenty of good soundtracks, but nothing thus far has passed Welcome to the NHK. Clannad has a pretty great OST as well.
Edit: Oh and, Zetsubou Sensei as well...

Aku No Hana's ending. Well im not sure what its called but you can find it if you search like "Aku no hana ending" in youtube.

Neon Genesis Evangelion!
Cant say its the most beautiful OST of all time, but one of my highly favorite. Probably the god tier. 🧐

Users who are viewing this thread