Music Tournament 3.5: Anime Endings! (Cut Versions)

Group Leader
@bigtiddyoneesan
you're dead to me
WgUq0ll.png

I declare Kill me Baby the real winner since the vote was rigged.
@lymus edit the results post to reflect the TRUE winner of this competition!

Dex-chan lover
I'm just glad I made it to the semi's on my first tournament. Not sure I have a chance next time because my knowledge of movie, and game music is limited. 😅

Dex-chan lover
@YumGumYum
>Anime - 16 OPs/EDs | original song link + cut version of anime OP/ED link
So this means that the anime submissions are judged on both their full and cut versions?

Also, would the movie and TV submissions be excluding anime? If the first category is anime OP's/ED's, then it could be interpreted as no other anime OST would be in that first category, which I assume is intentional.

If anime were to be excluded from categories two and three, I could see a minor roadblock in the submissions phase in that some people may only have/know songs pertaining to anime/games (bc we're fucking weebs).

Back to the double-elimination format, there wasn't any mention of it in your above post. If it went without saying or not, idk. But imo, a good reason against double-elimation for a tourney with a pre-finals 'finals formatted' round wouldn't work (as double-elimination would only be worth doing from top 16 (or less) and would only be effective in a single-elimination-type top 16 round).

Lastly, ordering match-ups based on 'tiers' (tier rankings may be decided by more than one person for more input) should still be implemented imo, as we don't want any Drown/Samurai Heart-type match-ups in the first round again.

Contributor
@bigtiddyoneesan

So this means that the anime submissions are judged on both their full and cut versions?

mb cut version for TOP 16 ( category OPs/EDs ) but full version for the Grand final (?) it's kinda stupid i guess...
full version only probably.

Also, would the movie and TV submissions be excluding anime? If the first category is anime OP's/ED's, then it could be interpreted as no other anime OST would be in that first category, which I assume is intentional.

If anime were to be excluded from categories two and three, I could see a minor roadblock in the submissions phase in that some people may only have/know songs pertaining to anime/games (bc we're fucking weebs).

Allowed for movies but not for TV shows ... dunno
TV shows = TV shows + western TV cartoons ( netflix "anime" is not allowed ) that was the idea...
you @ mods+ for submissions in this tournament, same thing.
if it will not reach quota then mb allow to sumbit more songs (?)
mb replace TV shows with EDs & OPs/EDs with just OPs... dunno.

Back to the double-elimination format, there wasn't any mention of it in your above post. If it went without saying or not, idk. But imo, a good reason against double-elimation for a tourney with a pre-finals 'finals formatted' round wouldn't work (as double-elimination would only be worth doing from top 16 (or less) and would only be effective in a single-elimination-type top 16 round).

double-elimination format is a lit bit akward for 16,16,16,16 ( 4 diff categories );
4 Finals + 1 Grand FInal is better.
TOP 4 OPs/EDs (Anime songs), TOP 4 TV show songs, TOP 4 Movie songs, TOP 4 Game songs + TOP 4 of the tournament.

Lastly, ordering match-ups based on 'tiers' (tier rankings may be decided by more than one person for more input) should still be implemented imo, as we don't want any Drown/Samurai Heart-type match-ups in the first round again.

yep

Dex-chan lover
@Korsai
Yo. Tl;dr, Richman found out where I lived, took my family hostage, and I had no choice but to let him win. No hard feelings from me tho, as I would've done the same.

No talk or plans for a next tournament currently, although anyone else is free to host one if they choose to. Gum guy and I discussed some decent improvements on the format, so we're here for consultation 🤠

Group Leader
@YumGumYum what anime is that "boob slap" gif from? It looks hilarious.

Also @bigtiddyoneesan I hope that your family is recovering well from the ordeal. It must have been a terrible experience.

And congrats to @Richman for his win. Finally conquered that 3rd round curse huh?

Users who are viewing this thread