Music Tournament 3.5: Anime Endings! (Cut Versions)

Dex-chan lover

πŸ… The Awards Ceremony is here! πŸ…

In this post, the top 4 contestants will be named, and all of them will have the chance to give their acceptance speeches. Further down in this post are the full results of the finals, so be sure to check those out as well.
AND ON THE NEXT PAGE of this thread, the tournament bracket with usernames replacing song names will be posted. Stay tuned!​

Coming in at 4th is the world-renowned investigator, known predominantly for the strides he made during his time at the Loli Police Department. That's right, it's...

Code:
Code:
th
Code:
Place

Mr_Detective!

AFoJJFq.gif

Submission
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ED1 - Hare Hare Yukai

@Mr_Detective, what's on your mind at the moment? Could it have anything to do with the fact that this is the third time you've made it to the finals and lost? (You'll get it next time I swear.)

3rd place goes to a user who entered this tourney with seemingly quite the solid lineup. Indeed, it's the second most braggadocious contestant...

πŸ₯‰
Code:
Code:
rd
Code:
Place
πŸ₯‰​

kenx!

5TbBaC7t.png

Submission
The Saga of Tanya the Evil ED1 - Los! Los! Los!

@kenx, please enlighten us heathens to your veteran decision-making when it comes to submitting anime endings. How do you do it?

Quacking in hot, we've got our 2nd place winner. He's known sitewide β€” nay, worldwide β€” for his insightful commentary on topical events. Who else could it be but...

πŸ₯ˆ
Code:
Code:
nd
Code:
Place
πŸ₯ˆ​

hazzack!

K8h2Q7st.png

Submission
KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! ED - Chiisana Boukensha

@hazzack, quack quack quack quack? quack quack quack. quack quack quack quack quack! *quacks heartily*

And 1st place goes to Richman. Ugh.

πŸ₯‡
Code:
Code:
st
Code:
Place
πŸ₯‡​

Richman!

Mzi3HH4t.jpg

Submission
Girls' Last Tour ED - More One Night

How does it feel to be the only submitter with a Dailymotion video? Actually, how does it feel to have originally submitted this borked version of the ED, only for the generous Tiddy to the time in finding a decent version? If you ask me, maybe I'm the one who should be taking this medal. Take it away, Richman!

Results​

The final results post, posting the final results! Finally!
Can you guess who's who from their nicknames alone?
♬β™ͺ (β•―Β°β–‘Β°)β•―οΈ΅β—“ πŸ¦† β™ͺ♬
Code:
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
Finals
Results

More One Night

Chiisana Boukensha

Code:
(41)

Los! Los! Los!

Code:
(37)

Holy FUCK, More One Night absolutely skedoodled on its competition. And when it broke off into first, the other three had nothing other than the lower places to fight for.

I didn't expect the other three to be so close to each other though, especially to this extent. As stated in the initial post of this thread, if there's a tie in the finals, the winner is decided based on the results of the tied songs' respective match-up. In this case, KonoSuba vs. Youjo Senki was 9 – 9, respectively (not like the respectively matters here). The match-ups from the users who voted based on ranking can still be discerned, and are included in the final numbers.

I considered the possibility of a tie in the finals occurring, which is why I came up with the 'respective match-up' fail-safe. And after I came up with that, I also considered the possibility of the respective match-up also being a tie. However, I didn't list a tie-breaker for the latter case, as I figured it had a very low chance of actually happening. @Ivegotnolife, idk whether or not your final vote purposely tied these two, but yeah, anything other than 1st Tanya and 2nd KonoSuba would've resulted in no ties. Without nolife's vote, the results would've been:
More One Night: 36
KonoSuba: 23
Youjo Senki: 22
Haruhi: 21

So anyways, I'm just going to break the tie by counting how many votes each song got throughout the entire tournament, bar the finals. The result is Konosuba: 41, and Youjo Senki: 37.

W9Fqk4rm.jpg
Code:
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
I checked my email yesterday. Turns out Sawano left one final message before he left this earth. It said "tell Richman I said 'γγγγ‚‰γˆ'."​

And to reiterate, the final bracket will be posted soon. Look out, bitches. 😎.​

Dex-chan lover
The ties weren't intentional, just a gift as a threadslayer, and spoiler. πŸ‘»

I can't believe how @richman had us played into believing he was bumped out already!

Users who are viewing this thread