Beta site (v3) going live soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contributor
@Plykiya it doesn't do that
what i mean is that on the normal mangadex i use infinite scroll and when pressing right key (u can be anywhere in the chapter beginning of it, middle or the end ) it goes to the next chapter
maybe feature in long strip? idk

Contributor
I see the comment about why you don't track read/not read for non-followed series and I have no real problem with that. But I'm wondering then if it's possible to implement some kind of easy way to mark all the current chapters of a series as read at least? Be it just a button of some kind or something. No big deal if not, but it's something I'd personally like at least as it'd save me the hassle of manually going through sometimes quite a few chapters.

The list of follows in "Detail" view: the dropdown list to choose the order shows the wrong options. It's showing the same list as the completed/reading/etc filter dropdown.

Other than that, the website looks great!!

I'm not sure if this is already a thing and I just can't find it, but is there any plans to add an option to delete things from your "reading history" section? A few of the manga showing up there for me are ones that I read the summary of, but decided to not read. I think it might be a nice feature to be able to delete those, for quicker access to the last few chapters I actually did read.

It's not much of a big deal for me, since I only read really innocent shoujo-ai and horror (an odd combination, I'm aware...), but it might be helpful for people who read some weirder stuff they don't want so easily visible, too.

Other than that, loving everything about this version and have been using it since I learned about it! Can't wait for it to go live. ?

Mine just goes to the normal one by putting copying the link with beta in the first post ?
But using the one which I click directly on "MangaDex v3 is coming!" it goes to the beta, wut

Contributor
i cant go to next chapter, instead it keep going back to title page
when i reading chapter 1, i click to hide the side bar, it suddenly coming back to title page
and i try again this time, when i finish, roll down to bottom. It not go to next chapter but going back to title page
Thing is it not happen with manhwa i read before it
@Plykiya

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Shiroe
Oh, I see. There are keyboard shortcuts you can use if that helps. Shift + Q and Shift + E to change chaps, and you can use AWSD to scroll instead of the arrow keys.

@Midori
Reading history will only track reading history of the past 10 chapters. No need to delete anything.

@Darasu
You can only access the beta from http, not https. https://beta.mangadex.org will redirect to live site, http://beta.mangadex.org will be the beta site.

@Minezuki
Can you explain your situation in more detail?

Group Leader
So... How soon is "soon"? Me likey the new accessibility of the report button. I like raising flags.

Will it be possible to sort manga when searching by latest updated, in descending order?

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Erra
On advanced search you can already switch latest updates between ascending and descending order, unless you mean something else. Have to be on simple list/expanded list view mode.

@Minezuki
I can't replicate your issue. Is this not what happens when you try to close the sidebar on longstrip mode? The only time it goes back to the title is if there aren't any chapters left.
http://puu.sh/AVWBY/dbdea3b064.mp4

Scrolling up all the way on the first chapter causes you to go back to the summary of that particular series, is there a way to disable that? It's honestly really annoying.

Contributor
maybe it was my issue, not the web. It was longstrip mode, happen on the second manga i read on beta. So i just reporting.
Can we have more page number to click on, 1->3 was so few

Could you add a setting to disable the overriding of scroll bar behavior? I consider that an infringement on my browser rights...

Also, I prefer next page only when I click on picture, as I click on the window itself to refocus to it sometimes. Would be nice
to have an option to use this behavior on the beta site too.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
comonad posted:

Could you add a setting to disable the overriding of scroll bar behavior? I consider that an infringement on my browser rights...
You mean with the arrow keys? I do mean to do that at some point

Can you please fix the new manga reader to work with iOS 10.2? As I reported in the last thread it does not work on it.

This appears to be caused by the use of Object.entries in various places in reader.js, which the version of safari in ios 10 does not support. A simple polyfill could probably fix that.

Group Leader
Can you re-implement the alternating background colours that are found in various areas of the old site? I don't know if the functionality of the beta site will be better, but from a UI/UX perspective it seems worse to me.

Can you add an option to disable scroll page change ? With my macbook it's change page too fast and i lost my position (especially when i change mode to view with zoom the page)

On advanced search you can already switch latest updates between ascending and descending order, unless you mean something else. Have to be on simple list/expanded list view mode.
even on beta it still ignores language filters, useless feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread