Beta site (v3) going live soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Uploader
Can you add option to permanently hide reader. I want setup reader, forget that exist and use when I need to use.

Can you add option to change images by clicking mouse like in old reader ?

Can you change beta site top navbar height like on main site ?

Aggregator gang
MOST IMPORTANT - 1) Please add option to view double-page images in FULL SIZE in the reader. The current reader shrinks double-page images, without any way of making the image bigger on click, etc (as Batoto's reader had). Only option is to copy image location and open in separate tab - very impractical.

2) In advanced search: A] ability to add target demographic to search/filter options (shonen, seinen etc). B] add option to filter OUT genres as well as filter IN (or a combination of both)

3) Persistent reader settings (e.g. hidden navbar persistently stays hidden)

Power Uploader
@elbs posted:

- 1) Please add option to view in the reader. The current reader shrinks double-page images, without any way of making the image bigger on click, etc (as Batoto's reader had). Only option is to copy image location and open in separate tab - very impractical.

There are four different resizing options. Please read the settings in the reader denoted by the cog button.

@elbs posted:

B] add option to filter OUT genres as well as filter IN (or a combination of both)

You can filter out genres and filter them in. Check out the ternary state checkboxes on the beta.
http://beta.mangadex.org/search

@elbs posted:

3) Persistent reader settings (e.g. hidden navbar persistently stays hidden)

The reader settings are persistent.

Aggregator gang
@_das

Thanks for the reply, I mistakenly assumed the reader in the beta hadn't yet been changed.

However, after looking at the new reader - what about a chapter which has a double page spread uploaded as one image? The reader settings and page viewing options appear to be designed for single page images - how would they treat a double page single image?

***I note that search by demographic still is not possible though (filter out or in shonen, seinen, etc). E.g. I can think of several instances where one may performing a search, and wants to exclude say, all shoujo series.

I'm not a programmer but feel it may have been easier if you guys had simply designated them as genres, and included them within genre search. Then this quite useful functionality would have been present right off the bat.

Power Uploader
@elbs posted:
However, after looking at the new reader - what about a chapter which has a double page spread uploaded as one image? The reader settings and page viewing options appear to be designed for single page images - how would they treat a double page single image?

Try using the new reader on any chapter with a double page spread and find out.

Sometimes I like going back to some unfinished manga and reread them; however, their Japanese names are difficult to remember. Is there a search function for our own bookmarked manga?

Power Uploader
@Red_Joker posted:

Sometimes I like going back to some unfinished manga and reread them; however, their Japanese names are difficult to remember. Is there a search function for our own bookmarked manga?

On the beta, if you search for a manga using the manga search, it tells you your bookmarked status whether it be not following, reading, plan to read, etc.

Aggregator gang
Just took a quick look and didn't see this feature. I was wondering if, sometime in the future, a sort of anti-follow list could be made. Ideally these would be filtered out of the main list. I guess I could use dropped, but, to me, they aren't really the same thing.
Thanks for your time!

Is there a way I can view titles by newest series added?
Something like a sort by date added.
I know there is new titles on the bottom but I'd like to be able to see it with a summary and also see more titles.
Anyways Thank you for your hard work!

Dex-chan lover
Is there a feature to blacklist or block other user? Or at least something along "The post by this user is automatically hidden based on your settng. Please click to show." kinda thing? The amount of toxic users is somehow higher than batoto and it severely hinder the enjoyment for me.

Dex-chan lover
Everything is perfect, except for that button on the right which makes the page slightly off-center. Please, please give me an option to hide it, it's driving me insane.

Miku best girl
Admin
Thanks for feedback. Some suggestions made here won't make it in time for v3, but will be considered for v4.

Is it possible to use the colour scheme of the 'old' site on the new site? Because the new site has a much higher contrast.

Contributor
Is there still no way of marking something as read without opening the chapter link?

I'm not sure why, but the reader won't work on my ipad (it is super old, I believe it's a first gen mini). It's not a big deal, I mostly use my pc and the beta version is amazing on that and I won't be using this ipad for much longer anyway. Figured I would let you guys know. Thank you so much for your hard work!

is a Reindeer
VIP
@nuali
if a fix isn't found, can always switch back to the old legacy reader. shouldn't have any problems with it. think it's a problem with older versions of safari

The reader settings are persistent.

I just tried it many times, but the reader settings are NOT persistent between logins. It seems that they're saved to the browser by cookies or something similar, but if I login from a different browser session, all settings are lost again. That is something which is very annoying, especially when the reader is this customizable (which is awesome, by the way, thank you!)

Is there some way to 'save' the settings which i haven't noticed?

Custom title
Staff
Developer
mixpe posted:

It seems that they're saved to the browser by cookies or something similar, but if I login from a different browser session, all settings are lost again.
Yeah, they're only saved to the browser's localstorage. Universal settings would be bad because obviously you would want desktop and mobile settings to be different and not switch back and forth every time you change between them.

nuali posted:

I'm not sure why, but the reader won't work on my ipad (it is super old, I believe it's a first gen mini).
I'm not surprised, chances are it's not going to work on old and limited browsers.

That is a bit disappointing... Even today I sometimes have to login more than once per day because the session cookie times out.

On the current (beta-)reader I set four things: fit display to width,longstrip reading,vertical pageturn scrolling: disabled and preload images:5.

So just to get my daily update of 2-5 chapters I have to click 5+ times just to set up the reader (and 'no vertical scrolling' and longstrip is a must for me)...

I login more often than I change devices and most settings can carry over with no issues. The only obvious option from the top of my head is Page rendering:double, which is propably not a good choice for a (vertical) mobile viewport.
So I think the reasoning is not all that sound from my point of view. Especially when you have to change the options when changing devices anyway.

As you can see on the count of 'I's I have been using, this is really subjective but I don't think I'm alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread