Beta site (v3) going live soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

w3x

One of the most important things - restore font thickness from the old version! The thing that actually brought me here is that unique font thickness making user experience on the whole new level. Not only it's easier to read but also it's so damn satisfying to use the website in general. I really liked that you guys went unique road and made it different than other sites but now it looks just like a next "bootstrap theme" - nothing special about it. Don't go with the "mainstream" theme scheme and stay unique on your own way - if you want to experiment then do it but on your own terms!

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Sparrowhawk Genre search is already a thing
e3d83accf9.png

Contributor
How about scroll the reader by a number of pixels (configurable) when up/down|w/s key is pressed?
I usually do not resize images unless they are super-sized for my monitor, so that helps a lot when using keyboard for navigation.

Would it be possible to ad the "sort by" button where you can sort by most viewed, highest rated etc from the titles tab to the search tab? After filtering my search with the new system it would be nice to sort them as well so I can easily check the most popular manga in a given combination of genre. As far as I can tell that is not currently possible.

Group Leader
I preferred the compactness of the old layout's comments and forums. There is a lot more wasted space on the beta site. Also like/dislike buttons why? Will these serve any useful purpose?

can you add toggle button to "read/unread" chapter? because when i read some chapter in "plan to read" mode it not count as read...

sorry for my English.
Thanks
¯_(ツ)_/¯

I do like the beta layout. It looks a little bit compact on my pc, much better on my phone.
I was a little bit confused with the new reader but after a few changes in the setting it's great.
Thanks to this settings a lot of ppl will be able to change it according to personal preferences.

Noticed that the site appears to have some form of API now (via /api/manga/ & /api/chapter/) which is extremely helpful.

Got two questions:
* Would it be possible to have the missing info added to the /title/ API? Mainly looking for the MAL ID (if exists) as it allows userscripts to auto-update on MAL after reading.
* Is there an API version of http://beta.mangadex.org/updates at all?

Edit: Also noticed a bug with the fourm, links appear to require double spaces before/after to avoid colliding with other words.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Daku Unfortunately /manga and /chapter are still the only endpoints and I would still expect changes to them. Hopefully as soon as possible, they were a little hastily put together.

Aggregator gang
[BUG]
If 'Page turn by vertical scrolling' is enabled in 'long strip' mode, and you scroll too quickly when a new chapter loads, the reader doesn't have time to load more then the first page so as you are scrolling it will immediately reach the bottom of the chapter and go to the next one.
I can skip through several chapter because of this bug and i have to always double check to make sure im not accidentally skipping.

Is it possible to set a buffer of maybe a second to make sure you want to get to the next/previous chapters when scrolled to the top/bottom?

can the 'Preload images' setting extend to the next chapter so when youre on the last page on one chapter it will start preloading the next one?

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@Fireboy
They were put in place as...placeholders. The likes/dislikes will eventually be turned on, yes.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Mammoth posted:

If 'Page turn by vertical scrolling' is enabled in 'long strip' mode, and you scroll too quickly when a new chapter loads, the reader doesn't have time to load more then the first page so as you are scrolling it will immediately reach the bottom of the chapter and go to the next one.
I can't replicate. Continuously scrolling down, whether by arrow keys, page down, mouse wheel or anything, just makes the reader load the pages one by one as it should. It won't change the chapter until the final page.

can the 'Preload images' setting extend to the next chapter so when youre on the last page on one chapter it will start preloading the next one?
I'll put this on my list of stuff to consider, but don't hold your breath for it. Currently I can't do it because just loading the chapter data counts as reading that chapter, and I can't preload a chapter's images without doing that.

Aggregator gang
@Teasday

The bug is more noticable in firefox then in chrome.
in firefox i can load up chapter 1 and then start scrolling and i can keep skipping several chapters.
in chrome i can only skip every other chapter, so its pretty inconsistent.
im only using mouse scrolling.
it does not work if the chapter is cached(?) already

took a video of it if that helps
https://puu.sh/B04FF/b34327d97e.flv

Am i the only didn't like that? What i need is image board like search feature where i can include and exclude tags and put a rating cap.

Example search:
"english romance -yaoi rating>7"

Edit: I was wrong advanced reader settings solves nearly all problems but like reddit old.mangadex.org should stay as legacy option. Also old dark theme %100 better IMO.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@silpaeja You can switch latest updates in your settings to "Grouped chapter lists" to get something similar to the old style, or you can click 'last updated' on the home page. There are no plans to give people an option to completely revert back to the old style though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread