Beware of the Brothers! - Vol. 1 Ch. 39

Awwww, quite obviously they want to spoil their little sister and can’t wait for her to see it.

It’s really touching though to see Erich becoming more accepting of Hari since he’s kinda the last one out of the three to finally really see her as part of the family (though Eugene might see her as a potential future family and Cabel was basically trained into it lolol).

Though he’s still super blunt, he’s a good brother in his own way haha.

@tsukkimoon not really mother, its more like from adopted sister to sister-in-law. It’d be weird but considering that for them in this life, Eugene has’t been there in the majority of Hari’s life (only two years) and vise versa so honestly, the two other brothers could probably accept that Eugene never saw her as a sister.

What I hate hate so much about it isn’t that its bit like incest but instead that Hari never fell in love with Johan if she ends up with Eugene. I’d doubt she’d end up with Eugene if she fell for Johan since his brother role would have been cemented.

Johan was super gentle with her in this life and is probably the first guy who has been in her life but the author is gonna tell me she never really saw him as a potential lover?? Even though they’ve had so much moments together and even has the title of would-have-been-fiance, she never got conscious of him even once to develop any sort of romantic feelings for him?

And she did to someone she wanted so much to become a family with and her now beloved “brother”? Heck no!

If it isn’t incest because they aren’t blood related, then it’s incest because Hari would need to fall in love with a person she considers her family and her brother!

Johan only!!! Why develop a character to make them into a foot stool? I wouldn’t even mind if she went for Louise, lolol.

Just, come on, what are they? Space fillers for the seats in Eugene and Hari’s wedding someday? Author would probably hurt someone with how they’re throwing a likable character around just like that (likely me)

Fed-Kun's army
If you think about it, Hari’s more like a childhood friend adopted into her friends’ family. I mean, in this timeline, she said she only spent 2 years in the Ernst household. And Eugene, Cabel, and Erich hardly grew up with her, so… for those who don’t really feel comfortable with the endgame ship, just think about this, I guess?

Dex-chan lover
@Isekailoverrr
While I also think that our boy Johan got screwed over big time here, I'd that spending several years in their household, with Lousie being the personification of burr and velcro combined, cause Hari to drop the idea of marrying Johan altogether. I mean yeah, he's hot party, but he's been everyday occurrence for half a decade, while this new and unknown version of Eugene is total enigma

20+years living in that house as the supposed to be their younger sister suddenly become interested with one of her older brother?It seemed weird to me.Like, if you lived your child-teen-adult life seeing these three boys as your older brothers, then suddenly when they stopped being abusive, you just accept one of them being your SO?She also once considered Johan as an escape route but suddenly "oh my brothers finally stopped being abusive so who tf is Johan?".Even if you guys said that oh Hari is not blood-related and Eugene never considered her as a younger sister, then why not Johan?Johan seemed to be a better choice since unlike their brothers, Johan treated Hari like a decent human being.This may be my Second Lead Syndrome acting up but i never understand why soft boi never win.A tyrannical cold bastard would be more appealing when sometimes is abusive.

Fed-Kun's army
Did I miss something? Why is everyone speaking as if it was confirmed in this chapter that she will end with Eugene? I'm guessing it's related to the novel but if it is that, people shouldn't speak about it so openly here imo.

Now that everyone is speaking about it anyway I must say that, if it's true, I'm not really happy about it but not really surprised either since I kind figured out it will end up like that. And that's maybe why I didn't really get in the ship with Johan either since it didn't seemed like it was fated to be anyway. So yeah in the end I don't really care about who she end with even though all this siblings things make the whole thing strange to me.

i thought i'd be safe from sls here but johan T____T i don't dislike eugene esp since it seems like he was actually kind/close to her in the previous timeline, and i understand him being the lead bc a lot of shoujos tend to swing this way, but man...I think they could have spent a bit more time exploring how eugene feels rather than just focus it on hari, bc from her perspective they're family so it makes it kinda off in a way??

Dex-chan lover
As much as I hate it, it seems that this series will definitely go with the incest route. It's a shame, really. This was fine while it lasted.

such a cute chapter ;;;w;;;

@Kutabarie except that it wasn't incest... as they spent only 2 years together...? they never really got the sibling relationship going on, more like an awkward one that once it managed to get better got cut short

Dex-chan lover
If they belong to the same family due to adoption let me break it for you: it's incest.

I don't really care for all that incest talk. I prefer Johan being the male lead because Hari sees them as brothers. She cares about them as brothers and if she suddenly falls in love with one of them the dynamic would just feel odd because she's desperately been fighting to be part of the family. She wanted to be a good sister for them and if that's suddenly taken away I feel like it's just a waste. I would rather see them develop as a family and grow up together as they support one another. That is something that would align up well with Hari's desire, but I guess I'll just see how this develops.

I will see how it's going to be their relationship, i hope it's stay like brothers and sister. And the ML be Johan or someone else. If go to the other direction i will drop this.

Aw!!! So glad their finally united again.

Thank you for translating these new chapters!

a lot of noble families practiced incest a long time ago just because they need to preserve their family name or their status. but eugene and hari are not blood-related, im shocked too that there's a chance of this going to them being together in the future. anyways, i love all of them. i love the wholesomeness of the story. lets just enjoy it

Users who are viewing this thread