Beware of the Brothers! - Vol. 2 Ch. 52

You know, technically not incest. But imagine growing up over a decade AS SIBLINGS. It just morally becomes incestous and weird.

And Eugene knows that, hence his more dark reflection of his feelings.

Now that Eugene's feeling is revealed, those who feel icky by it can finally drop this series! I just don't get why yall kept reading this series when there are clues about who the ML will be... honestly just drop it if you don't like where the plot is headed.

Thanks for the update tho! Great work as always 🥰

I think a lot of y’all are inserting yourselves where you don’t need to be.

“I know they aren’t biologically related, but it feels like incest.”
“It’s creepy.”
“It just feels wrong.”

It’s a story. A fictional story. Set in times where they practiced actual incest of marrying first cousins to each other. Social norms change. They evolve. But if the author attached those modernized social norms to a period piece, you’d cry that it’s not historically accurate.

Stop cherry-picking. Either shut up and enjoy the story or drop it and ride away on your high horse.

*I only came to the comments to thank the scanlators for the chapter.

@Izzydee You say, "society in general" like everyone in this comment section isn't also part of society in general. You are one of very few people here who think this way. I'd like you to go to your family
and friends and ask this question and see if you get this response from "society in general". Moreover, I did, and I got the answer that I got. So maybe you should take your own advice. In Canada, you can't get married even if they're adopted, and not related by blood. In the US, rules widely vary, often necessitating a court order to get permission to do it. What's more, on the same wiki page you've clearly chosen to ignore in whatever "studying" you've been doing, it says,

"A common justification for prohibiting incest is avoiding inbreeding: a collection of genetic disorders suffered by the children of parents with a close genetic relationship.[9] Such children are at greater risk for congenital disorders, death, and developmental and physical disability, and that risk is proportional to their parents' coefficient of relationship—a measure of how closely the parents are related genetically.[9][10] But cultural anthropologists have noted that inbreeding avoidance cannot form the sole basis for the incest taboo because the boundaries of the incest prohibition vary widely between cultures, and not necessarily in ways that maximize the avoidance of inbreeding.[9][11][12][13]"

Does all of that sound like "ZERO TABOO" to you?

I'm not saying you can't enjoy the story, I'm just saying you should fact check before posting.

I really wished for Johan to be the main lead but it was obvious where the story was headed. I think it makes sense for Eugene to have feelings for her (since they only spent 2 years together as family so they became friends at most, whereas she spent 5 more years together with her 2 other brothers). So I don't find a fault in Eugene here- BUT! In her previous timeline they spent 20 years together and she developed a sibling relationship with ALL of them. Therefore, while it's not weird for Eugene to like her romantically in this timeline, I would find it way more weird for her to reciprocate the romantic feelings (given that she remembers her previous timeline)

Group Leader
Eugene's suffering and that's perfectly understandable. He feels that this is not normal... That he's in love with someone he shouldn't be in love with. In a way, he's way ahead of Hari, who hasn't figured out her feelings yet. I wonder how the writer will solve this relationship in a way that is morally acceptable. 🧐

Thanks for the update! 😘

I can understand it since I married my step brother, the difference was we never lived together. We did talked a lot like friends rather than siblings. He grew up with his grandparents so he didn't live with his dad. People might find it taboo but we knew each other for 6 years before we decide it to date and now we've been married for 11 years.

@Izzydee Oh my god you should really stop watching incest hentai. You sounds like a preteen who hasn't left his room in months.

@lily2336 no I wanted to know I wasn't sure exactly what would be wrong with the kid just that something would.

@Danile ya ik I said with real bilogical siblings I think . But I still find it weird because it's like if you dated your step sister.

I don't see anyone complaining about mc and ml's relationship in viridescent crown (they're also step-siblings) so I'm amused reading all the irritated reactions here 😁 well it's still incest by definition though they don't share blood and didn't grow up together as siblings so I'm personally not really bothered by it

@5hinyan

Maybe I'm just dense but I haven't seen any hint of romance between the MC and ML in Viridescent Crown. Additionally, the power dynamic is different in that story, which is a big part of the ick factor for me.

Just

They hardly even grew up together??

They're not actually related????

Yall in the comments are too much

I really enjoy that the author took the time to show Eugene's side of things and if I'm being honest i would love to read the story from his side since Hari pov gets a little boring sometimes haha

Thank you scanalators for the chapter, i deeply appreciate it 🙏

Users who are viewing this thread