Beware of the Brothers!

also well i will admit that this series took an unexpected turn some of yall's reactions are a bit much.

She's not identical to their dead sister. she simply shares hair and eye(i think) color.
She's not blood related and for a LOT of their younger life they didn't even regard her as family

Someone points it out in a previous comment but its like a childhood friend that lives next door your entire life. sure they think of and treat her as family. but its not all that strange for romance to pop up eventually. especially when teens/young adults are involved

Idk if all of this would be considered a spoiler but for the sake of precaution it's going to set as such
Look I think we all know which ship is going to be end game. But what I really want to know is how that would even be possible. In terms of the law and just social ramifications because even if they aren't blood related. They have carried out a sibling relationship to the outside world (and to each other I guess idk it doesn't seem like Eugene actually loved her like a sister maybe tried to see her as one but like can't change what you feel I guess) so I assume the people around them would be opposed and weirded out when they're like hey we're in love, hey we're going to get married.

Idk am I overthinking it, probably but I'm just really curious about how they're going to justify(?) their end game relationship.

Also just my personal unsolicited opinion but like I stated above I think we all know which is going to be end game ship. If you truly feel uncomfortable with the ship, which you have every right to be, drop the story instead hate reading something for the sake of idk riling yourself up. Or IDK needing to remind others how you're morally superior. I for one understand how fiction and the real world work and would be weirded out and sketched out if I saw adopted or step siblings get married in real life. But because this is fiction it doesn't bother me and I can enjoy it. That being said you are allowed to feel what feel and state your own opinion and not feel comfortable with the end game ship. Just don't come after people who enjoy the story.

And I just want to clarifying I'm not trying to say that if you don't like the ship you can't tell the difference between reality and fiction. I'm just trying to say that I personally don't mix what I like in my fiction to what is acceptable in real life or not creepy or whatever. So I don't know how about we just don't jump to conclusions on people.

As another reader also mentioned, it felt weird suddenly reading terms like “oppa” in the translation when it wasn’t used originally. Maybe she didn’t use the term oppa in the earlier chapters? Idk it just felt weird for them to suddenly be included.

@Red2005dragon
And I disagree with that analogy. Because doesnt that mean adoption is not possible because adopted siblings can never be considered siblings. This is what this story is telling me and I hate it. It make me feel like shit and no matter how pretty the art is, I'm not sticking around just to feel that way.

I don't mind the pairing, they're not blood related so I think it's OK.
but using "unnie" and "oppa" it's so strange...

Thanks for the update.
I really like this one.
The webtoon has the most good sister-brothers relationship development. The conflict is also neatly arranged.
I can't shake the feeling Hari will end up with Eugene... (?) they aren't blood-related and seeing Eugene's reaction was too obvious.

this author hates good guy. before, she wasted izekiel and now she wasted johan. the time travel thing is useless cus she can't do anything. the author made her traveled back to the past only to make her be with eugene. poor johan doesn't deserve this unfair discrimination

Please don't think that this is considered "incest" because it isn't. Incest is when your real blooded sibling likes you and would go for the romance relationship kind of thing. And this one isn't like it. I've seen one before that is a really disgusting incest type of story. Of course, I didn't know it was that kind of story until it gets to the worst part. I had to drop it. I wouldn't mark this manhwa as one though. Because I don't see her as a real blooded sister to them. And of course she isn't.
Another topic, I don't really like the way how the unnie and oppa word is being used in here. It just feels weird. I would prefer it, if it is translated the English way of saying sister and brother. Because if you talk in Korean and then, you use the word the English word brother or sister. That's just doesn't make much sense. It will make more sense if it is a name but the word oppa and unnie just puts it off.

Adopted as she may be, she’s still a sibling. Not really what I would consider incest, but hits close to that. Imagine this, you’re one of the two younger brothers, the sister that isn’t blood related (but u have treated as a sister for most of your life) suddenly gets romantic to your older brother.

Would add one thing I got from “researching” this topic a little bit, although it may not be biological incest, it’s still considered incest in some places.

🥺☹️☹️☹️ im glad they ended up as a loving siblings but theres some romance thing with eugene.. kinda weird but whatever

Yall get these novels are set in a time where Kings would marry their nieces and have children with them right? The author already do a lot to not make it so weird but... All these novels are set in times were an old man had all the right, as long as he was rich and powerful, to get married with 14 year older.

Users who are viewing this thread