Beware of the Brothers!

@Helen_Brite I read a shitton of mangas/manhwas/manhuas (I follow 600+ titles on this website alone, and it's not the only website I'm reading mangas from) and I still didn't see it coming at all. Just look at most comments and you will realize that no, this was in no way "obvious from the start". Also, there is an incest tag on this website, and it's also used on step sibling relationships (Citrus has it for example). If it was "so obvious" from chapter 1 that it was going to be incest, then how come this manhwa still has no incest tag to this day?

If you saw it coming since chapter 1 then congrats I guess? But don't act as if it was super obvious and as if people are complaining for nothing when it's clearly not the case.

Sure, the story might be cliché, I said in a previous post that this kind of story (step sibling falling in love with each others) is super common. But most people don't complain about them usually, so there is a reason why so many people are complaining about it right now.
The problem isn't the incest in itself. People are complaining because they picked up a story about a girl being adopted in a foster family (that had and still has no incest tag on it), and it turned into incest after 40 chapter, when most people are already too invested in the story to drop it without feeling bitter about it.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@Kekitus I agree with everything you said, the fact that it was built up to be a heartwarming story about a family becoming closer together makes it weird and upsetting to suddenly become an incest romance. Especially since they grew up together from when she was young.

It was not obvious from the start at all.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Sorry, but it was obvious to me that there was going to be a romance. They only lived as a family for a few years. The beginning where they said he refused to walk her down the aisle made it insanely obvious he had some feelings for her.
It's not like she has a love tie between her younger brother's, whom she has been with most of her life. The eldest brother was only with her for a few years. In fact, because her adoptive parents died, she had new guardians. It would be more weird, in my opinion, if she were to be in a relationship with her past life's fiance.

Code:

Fed-Kun's army
My problem isn't even the fact that the main couple is borderline incestuous.
It's that their relationship is kinda boring. I'm not as invested because their interactions aren't interesting to me atm. Plus it feels like Hari acting all blushy came a little out of nowhere.

Code:

What is happening? What is happening? What are they hiding from Hari?? And someone, please, scold Erich! He's acting just like a spoiled nobel brat!

Code:

@domothedog someone with vision and who's not blind. I agree with you. I'd say even more: there's no incest tag simply because there's no incest. The rest of people who deslike this can just drop reading.

Code:

There is something shady going on, and from what I see They are trying to protect her from the information.
The true question lies on, who is doing shady stuff?
I can see how Eugene is possibly the ML. The foreshadowing that has been going on for a while, implies it.
From what I observed , most of the time it feels that the Vastia family holds more credence to be felt as family. Don't want to discredit Mc's Adopted parents but they didn't have enough time to form a complete parental unit for Mc for a long time. Lest to say it didn't mean they didn't try just that they couldn't and didn't have the chance to do so.
You can see that she has a good bond with the Vastai siblings and is often treated not as a guest but as family, at least to me she was. The same with Edrich and Cabel who had the chance to grow with her.

Code:

I was looking through the details just waiting for the it to update, plus I have recently found out how to bookmark stuff and realized that I shouldn't have skipped the tutorial, and then I got to the related section. Turns out it's in the same universe as Who Made Me a Princess! You can bet your butts that I'm going to reread both of them to see crossovers.

I haven't found one officially yet but I have a scene I'm thinking about.
You know how the Ernest couple died in a carriage accident protecting the crown prince and Cabel. Well we need to get a better look at the crown prince in that scene and see if they're in the same kingdome cuz the they never mention being in the same place. They might be in a different kingdom. If you do end up checking then remember the crown prince should be Athy's uncle cuz her dad is the younger brother.

@Hello03
Hari and Ernst family is from a different kingdom, since Cabel ( Ernst’s 2nd son) and Ijekiel ( Duke Alpheus’ son) go to the same school. I’m not sure if they are in the same grade/class, but remember in “ Who Made me a princess “ when Ijekiel had to go to boarding school! This is where the two story line up in their share universe. “Who made me a princess “ is in Obelian Empire, while “Beware of the brothers” is in Arlanta kingdom/empire.

I.... feel really bad for Hari.
She has a tsundere brother, a clingy over protective puppy brother and big brother looks like he may end up being a yandere. Sheesh. Beware of the Brother’s is correct! The fact that they all have a sister complex is also... worrying. >.>;

This gets super frustrating at times since the FL is technically old enough at least mentally, to understand the kids' reactions to her and other stuff that happens later but doesn't actively choose to do anything?? She mostly acts to observe things unless they directly happen to her, as opposed to moving the plot with her own actions. As such, her having come from the future is rendered absolutely redundant, and the main character driving the story forward is Eugene more than the FL.

Totally unrelated but read the comic Lan Chi or called 'Blue Wings.' Desperate to find a comic like this, I stumbled upon it. And omg it is good (Although I am only on chp 56 right now) And yes, it's also about adopted sister in family, treated horribly at first and whatnot but the plot twists, character development, their goals and intentions, and PLOT TWISTS. So please give it a try cause it is goodddd. (Again until where I am.) Sorry if you're angry about me posting this here tho.

Just a lil' rant after reading some comments (please feel free to ignore me, everyone...)

It's so uncomfortable seeing some of you guys labeling this manhwa incestuous...?!

See, Hari and the guys never had a proper brother/sister relationship since the beginning, specially in her past life. Eugene started acting nice towards her not because of some sort of family affection, but from guilt (from my point of view, of course). He realized that projecting his insecurities onto her was twisted and she wasn't at fault. Everybody was mourning, Hari was alone in the streets. They all just wanted affection, you know? To me, family is not only about platonic relations. It's the people we feel comfortable with, people we trust. Friends, siblings, lovers; they're all family, if we really care about them. That's how I perceive this novel, even though I get why some of you feel conflicted and bothered.

Maybe I saw this kind of development since the start because of my way of perceiving things, but I believe that Eugene loved Hari at her past life, as well. He couldn't accompany her to the altar because he never viewed her as a sister/daughter figure; as Hari states, the oldest son of the family acts like a father figure to the youngsters, but Eugene never felt that way towards her. When she came back in time, they lived together as proper siblings for only two years! They never bonded that way. So yes, I get the romance development. Of course I would be really happy if Johan was the ML because my second lead syndrome is real, but I'm not upset about the way things are turning out.

Anyway, things escalated so quickly in only 40 chapters... That's so unusual, right?! I really wish things went that way in WMMAP 🤭

i found it enjoying it first but after reading to this far i don't feel it enjoyable any more

Users who are viewing this thread