Beware the Villainess! - Vol. 1 Ch. 57

I noticed his hair was different right away to the point I was wondering whether it was a new character, but the unusual clothes also added to that

Redemption arcs?? Character growths?? Let’s gooooooooo
I’m so excited to see where the plot is going, thanks for the translation!

I think I'm a little bit wrong in the head because I want the silver haired boy to be a romantic interest along with nine and migen and Yuri and the red haired wolf(??????). Leave peacock and Ian outside of harem... Gosh I'm too addicted to harem endings, these good endings made me a spoiled child.

Dex-chan lover
Due to leaving the constraints of the novel, their IQ is returning to normal levels?

I mean, his hair is pretty light brown for most of this chapter - well, until they get to the palace. Maybe the artist forgot about the hair colour change by that point?

@heartftmoon - Same! I guess the hair dye did its job after all. :D

Double-page supporter
He looks like a kicked puppy. Like he hasn't the intelligence to connect his actions with the consequences before his eyes. I doubt he has ever had to deal with consequences before in his life. People always just let him get away with it or others have quietly cleaned up for him.

Man, from a realistic perspective I'd definitely be in the same thought process as Melissa. I find it bs that someone can change so quickly after the clear fact that they've done so many shitty things; had it been a one-time thing then surely it's understandable, but in his case no amount of puppy-dog eyes and apology gifts can make up for how much trouble he's caused her.

Tho I don't doubt that Melissa might end up forgiving him for his actions, she's pretty much in the right to be wary/suspicious of this new change lmao. Definitely an "I'll believe it when I see it, and then some" kind of thing.

On a related note I do hope her brother quits his weird stalking ways too. While I don't expect all these shitty guys to have some sort of growth, I hope they do at least realize the extent of bs they've put both Melissa and Yuri through, regardless of whether their actions were somehow influenced by the "original story" through some effect.

Fuamfmsjfjjd I just want more Nine/Melissa and Yuri/Melissa...or just general Melissa moments with her 2 supporters and Yona lol. Thanks for the translation!

I like this, to me it looks like Ian has been freed from the story (maybe somewhat) and finally sees all the his wrongs, and is trying to fix them, it makes him seem more mature at least for me, so now he can finally begin his redemption arc, for all the bad things the MLs have done I still think they should at least be given a chance of redemption (except peacock i still don't like him) a redemption arc for a character that's done right is just so satisfying and can really turn them into likeable characters later on. obviously I expect no romantic relationships with Ian and Melissa (or Nine probably wouldn't even exist) but at least they won't just abandon him and never show him again for in the story and just leave him as a bad character that nobody likes.

(Let's not forget they've all been following a script that's been written for them and they can't really go against it no matter how much they want to, not even Yuri can go against it she's just aware its there and only Melissa can change it since she's a bug in the system basically.)

Dex-chan lover
The mysterious force that is probably the author is affecting all the main characters.
But upon getting whacked by Melissa, I believe their IQs are returning to acceptable levels.
Ian has broken free of the author's control and is now acting like the crown prince that he is.

I don't believe this guy. And even if I believe him, he's too much of a piece shit to be forgiven. So,shhhhhhh, go away

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Nope. His Highness is probably just high from the smokes coming out of his head and is still a trash at its core.

i have deep dark brown hair where people would confuse it with black until it hit the direct light. So he did dye it brown and some of their examples where they cant tell the difference it looks like they have a rosey layer over his black hair which makes it kinda brown.

Users who are viewing this thread