Beware the Villainess! - Vol. 2 Ch. 59

Fed-Kun's army
So good to have this back! Except for how it's just untrue that "there's no such thing as a bad dog", it's a great start for season 2!

Double-page supporter
it the same as she said she would protect nine
she's pissed when nine actings like protecting her
he capable of protecting himself now.
the role is just reverse, maybe nine ticking off as much as melissa.

Also, I feel like people shouldn't jump so quick to call Nine a toxic and manipulative asshole who deserves to be cancelled.. His behaviour definitely is unacceptable now, and he needs to learn to respect Melissa's freedom and personal boundaries, that's what character developments are for. I've only just realised this but Melissa kind of talks to him the same way he does to her. (Ie, saying 'I'll protect you' instead of letting him solve his own problems). It's good that she's a girlboss, but people seem to overlook the fact that they both need to respect each other's freedom.
People aren't just black and white, he's not doing it out of ill intentions, but he needs to learn his controlling attitude isn't healthy and change (and he is able to).

Banned
Ah, Nine turned into a toxic boyfriend quickly. A bro needs to step in and give him advice. Yuri come to the rescue kek.

so let me guess, a development arc for Nine and Melissa, to let them know each of them are capable to taking of themselves. not bad, they defintely needed that, since they kind of baby each other a little. excited to see them progress to a more mature relationship

So glad it's back! But srsly, anyone saw the scans new banner for this series at the bottom? HILARIOUS AND I LOVE IT!!!!I don't know who did it but it's been amazingly done! Those GTA vibes hahah xD

Thank you Tooches Team :)

Fed-Kun's army
@Tarkiyar she has powerful magical artifacts, absurd amounts of money, and clearly the dominant position in the relationship. he's not a threat to her. what's occurring currently is someone who cares about her wants to curb what dangerous activity she can, because she obviously won't stop doing the really dangerous stuff. what little he can control in keeping her safe, he is. might turn into something worse, but calling this "controlling" is an overstatement.

@ArisenDresden

It's not. He knows just telling her not to do something while whimpering and making that face will get her to stop. The proof is this very chapter. Notice how he wouldn't let up in his protests no matter what she said to him. He was clearly ignoring her wishes while insisting she do as he tells her; that's a controlling situation. Yes, obviously he cares for her, but he's turned that "caring" into an obsession, which leads him to attempt to control her life for his own peace of mind. That's about as toxic as you can get.

Obviously I'm not saying things are going to stay this way, nor am I saying he's always been like this. It's just that that is the reason she was irritated.

Users who are viewing this thread