Beware the Villainess! - Vol. 2 Ch. 59

I LET OUT THE LOUDEST YELL SEEING THIS UPDATED I JUST FINISHED REREADING IT FOR THE 4TH TIME JUST YESTWRDAY OHMYGOD ITS BACKBITSBACKITSBACK LETS GOOOOOOOOOO

Why is fine if Melissa says "I will protect you" but not if he said it? Is not about being stronger or weaker, he just want to protect the person he loves as she wanted to protect him. I don't like how to like to read to much into things.

Dex-chan lover
Liev is so precious 😍 I'm all for a Podebrat banking starting up XD
Thanks for the update ❤️

Group Leader
@YuriHeimurinn I think mostly she's just looking for a reason as to why Nine is suddenly being so restrictive about her movements. Yeah, it may be coming from a good place, but it's not his prerogative. If she wants to run, she has the right to run. He does not have the right to stop her because he's being a worrywart, and the emotional blackmail (him crying) is frustrating.

@yuriheimurinn i think one thing is that he’s ordering his master around, restricting her actions. She thought about not even being able to run when in danger, like he’s even restricting her from running even in that situation, which he really didn’t mean. I do think there’s logic to him, not wanting her to run in those monstrous dresses, like hell I don’t think I can run in those dresses either. But MC here definitely can, and it’s simple to her. It’s like preventing a skilled person from doing sth just bc the average person cannot. It’s like an insult to their skills.

I don’t want to start shit I can’t commit to finishing but I’m very much like Nine in the sense that I’ve smothered past relationships to death by being “overprotective”. That said, I have (or at least I hope I have) learned to still be there for my partner when they need me but also give them the space to breathe. I am still very much protective by nature but I’ve learned to tone it down. So I can definitely see how Melissa is absolutely annoyed to death with Nine’s constant “Please be safe, please don’t do this, please stop doing that, I don’t want you getting hurt.” I can see how she can feel like she’s becoming a caged bird. That all being said, Melissa seems to be doing a double take here. Nine has ALWAYS been protective of her. And she never minded before. It was only after he awakened his power and she had her dream/vision that she sudden sees this as toxic. I’m not denying that Nine is coming off a little to ‘possessive’, because let’s face it, he definitely is by using his beautiful face and teary eyes. BUT, realistically speaking, Melissa is also a little toxic? Yeah, this is where my argumentative abilities take a massive nose dive. The ending. All in all, story is still great, and I guess it’s an okay way to introduce tension and conflict between Melissa and Nine.

On the other other hand, Liev is just such a good boiii. 😍😂

Dex-chan lover
Melissa is all about:

48s05v.gif

Yes, so glad this is back! I hope season 2 continues with the theme of breaking down terrible shoujo tropes. I can see Nine is turning into a type of "Male Lead" with his ridiculous overprotectiveness, so hopefully that means Melissa will knock some sense into him later and improve their relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread