Beware the Villainess!

Dex-chan lover
Okay this is another cliche isekai. But not gonna lie. This got me sooooo good. Lol among so many isekai with villaines as mc that I've read this is the first one I saw the heroine called the main guy the exact word being a "trash"...it's like she is the representation of all readers encountering every trash mc who jerks every villainess as mc.... Lol aslo when he about to cry like a baby... I lost ny shit LMAAOOO. IM SOLD!!

If all the guys were trash I dont mind taking her the yuri route. Lol

Thank you so much for picking this up

@inso_fan It's okay to not feel sympathy for the original Melissa. The story is not really forcing you to cry for her, considering that is already known she was a bad person for no really good reason, you can certainly understand that she was neglected as a child made a fool out of someone she loved, but she still did what she did.

The current Melissa thoughts are mostly product of the heat of the moment, I think is normal to react like that when you are done with things, is not like she has already contracted an assassin, you are taking a little to serious those thoughts, it is too early to judge that, so far she has judged correctly to not act so reckless, when she decided to not hit the crown prince with the ashtray for example, that stayed only in her mind as a fantasy.

It's korean humor, this is a cultural thing, they tend to rely on that a lot for comedy, in my book is not that bad? I have seen some actually post the RL meme instead of drawing it.... it's kind upsetting.

"Or even that he would kill her??? Like why???? Hasn't he been ignoring you so far? Why do you think he'd go out of his way to do that now??"
The thing is, she has the perception he does not love her at all, for her he is no more than a stranger who she has an awful image of, in her eyes he also hates women, she is no more than a thing to marry off to the crown prince and gain status, in her POV, would you not be scared of that situation? I personally would be fear of getting harm by his hand and in the worst case scenario getting killed for not listening to him, Is not like she broke a glass, and she's going to be scolded, she is ending a relationship with the future emperor.

"son of a b*tch" for no reason? Like ?????"
So far... we don't know him while she read the novel, so idk about that.

"when she suddenly decided to murder the prince"
I insist, so far it just a thought out of the heat of the moment, I remember my brother broke a cup of coffee I loved, and paid with on my own when I was younger, I really thought "Man, I really want to kill him" is not like a did it? I mean? Just passing thoughts for being mad, I want to believe everyone once in a while have those thoughts.

"it can become confusing and break the reader's immersion in the story"
I don't get this part :/ "Miss not so sidekick" does this to the extreme and so far people do not complain saying is confusing or that breaks the immersion, maybe is something subjective.

7 chapters in and it's covered the basic backstory, some character introductions, a single argument that lasted several chapters consisting of the Prince being a douchebag, and the scant beginning of a discussion with her father...

In total it's been maybe a single day in-setting and there's been 0 development... none... she established she wants a to break off her engagement in like the first chapter and it's gone literally no where. She even got what basically amounts to being arrested because the Prince's floozy tripped and then blamed her, it's rather ridiculous and there's legitimately no reason she can't try to make an appointment with the King. That'd be a much better use of page space than spending several chapters on the Prince staring dumbfounded and being confused that openly cheating on his fiance is a bad move...

Honestly it's awful pacing, I like the idea and I like the bits of humor, but holy shit if it keeps on at this pace she'll take a sip of tea by chapter 13 and maybe we'll see the actual 'heroine' by chapter 100.

this is one of the best manwhas i've come across in so long in terms of art, plot idea and characters (god, melissa is just... *chef's kiss*) but bloody hell, i don't think i can survive with this slow-ass pace OTL
plot, please... just... move along...

Group Leader
@boa-Noah Agreed.. it’s a fresh take of the whole “isekai villainess” thing but the pacing is way too slow.. 7 chapters and we are still on the same day wtf? It takes 4 chapters for her to have a single conversation with Ian. Her entire thought process is illustrated in unnecessary detail...

Will see how this goes after they finish setting the scene but it could end up being one of those series you need to drop for 2 years to allow for a binge read otherwise you’ll be frustrated waiting for weekly updates which cover 5 minutes of the same conversation...

It isn't what I was expecting, however I like it even more so for it. I'm loving every moment of it and can't wait to read more chapters.

8.5/10 so far.

Story with an annoyingly slow pace and stupid characters. Will make you impatient. 1 conversation goes on for many chapters. For what? To emphasize the characters' stupidity??

It has a different style but it ain't necessarily great. This is overrated.

This one can only be enjoyed if there are many chapters. But the ones available for now is a waste of time since it didn't even progress from those 8 chaps.

All these chapters and there is almost no progress on the story. And don't mention the characters that have no brain except for our MC. There's so many this type of chara's set so it's become a normal for me.
It's tiring, But i like the artstyle and the meme face lol so maybe i still can enjoy this lol
Just tell me when this manhwa have a real progress lololol

Going to unbookmark this. Wait for it to get a mass release and read it in a couple of months. The way the pacing is too slow is killing me. By December, the protagonists will probably be still trying to get out of the engagement.

Dex-chan lover
@Denissedan

It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries The Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants - and worse.

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

And Melissa Podebrat is still trying to get her engagement annulled!

Double-page supporter
majority of each chapter is just the mc's boring and slow paced thoughts :/ translators are great, art is great, writing is...

Users who are viewing this thread