Beware the Villainess!

Instead of being dragged out, I think its well paced. The plot needs to be fleshed out to tell a great story. I like the details they put it in rather than glazing over an idea and be done with it.

So far really good! I love the female lead! Having actual evil thoughts. Rather than being all flowery and nice.

I love these rare gems which actually make you root for the main character.

Here's my ridiculously long rant/review on this manhwa that nobody asked for and nobody cares about:

Honestly as much as the prince is a worthless piece of trash, I couldn't feel any sympathy for the "original" Melissa and her bratty behavior, nor do I understand why the current Melissa (and almost everyone in the comment section) thinks the prince deserves to die? Yes he does deserve a good punishment and I agree, someone like that is definitely not worthy of becoming emperor, but death? No my friend, you're taking it too far. And no, it's not even funny.
I tried to like the jokes and memes but it just wasn't my thing... It feels like it's trying too hard to make you laugh with it's fUnNy RaNdOm expressions. For me I like it when the humor just shows up and naturally catches you by surprise. Here you can see it coming all the time, especially in the latest chapter.

I'll have to agree with some of the people here, I find Melissa annoying. In my opinion it does get boring when MC is the same goody two shoes trying to avoid a bad ending, so Melissa is definitely a breath of fresh air... But I don't like the way she goes on about things. I'm not expecting her to be a saint, but Melissa's problem is that I feel like she's kinda... Dumb?
Like when her father wanted to prepare a room so that they could have a proper conversation instead of talking in the hallway and she "jokingly" assumed he went to fetch a glass of water to throw at her???? Or even that he would kill her??? Like why???? Hasn't he been ignoring you so far? Why do you think he'd go out of his way to do that now??

She's also overly aggressive at times when it's uncalled for, like when she suddenly started calling her absent brother a "son of a b*tch" for no reason? Like ????? Or when she suddenly decided to murder the prince. Like really? You're gonna risk spending the rest of your life in jail because of some scumbag like that?

I don't mind my main girls being evil since it's actually quite entertaining, but if you're gonna be evil... At least be smart about it. I know I'm being harsh about it but I found her frustrating...

There's a lot of modern references as well that clash with the setting of the story. I understand MC comes from the modern world and contrasting her culture and her modern way of thinking with such an "old" setting is an interesting concept, but if you do it much and too strongly, it can become confusing and break the reader's immersion in the story. Especially in a story like this, where the world building is almost non existent so far.
All in all, I think most of these problems come not from the story, but from the way the webtoon was made. But since we're only 7 chapters in, there's still a chance Author-nim will turn the tables and make me shut my mouth! (✷‿✷)

I really want to hang on to the series and meet the supposed ML from the cover! He's my reason for clicking heheh

I am not really sure but I think, the relationship.of this father-daughter duo is built on complete misunderstanding.. with Melissa mostly jumping into conclusions. 🤔

I think i know what's going on with everybody and my heart is hurting so much for her... I mean i know she doesn't care about it one bit now but the previous owner of that body had it so rough damn these brats that she loved.... Even if I'm wrong about it, just the thought hurts me so... 😅😅😅

I kinda feel her for this one,,
When people misunderstood you and stuff;
That's why, even if the chapter was made to be funny, I can't help but tear up because I know what it exactly feels when you want to express something but they misunderstand you, and ends up no one believing you...

Uh, I get where your coming from (since he too was responsible for the originals death and all) but he might just be a doting tsundre father in disguise..

Thank you for translating. We need this! The story is unraveling nicely with lots of comedic quirks and some tug in the heart moments. Looking forward to more releases! :)

That Prince deserves to have his balls cut off. As for the father and daughter pair, I really can't stop laughing talk about extreme misunderstandings

OMG.... I think she is actually a daddy's girl.... I think her father didn't know how to approach her and she never approached her daddy before.
And that pink property only work for girls that lower than 10 y.o

Users who are viewing this thread