Beware the Villainess!

Out of all of Yuri's suitor, I like Jake the best. Hes Hawt and from the last chapter, he seems like he actually realize his mistake himself and not like the other men

How on earth does this series have such a high rating? It progresses as fast as a train with bricks for wheels, has one of the most incoherent plots I’ve ever seen, and is filled with constant unnecessary scenes. This is a 6/10 at best

Kinda disappointed in the latest chapter. It seemed like it was leading up into trying to teach Jake a lesson and help him understand that what he did was wrong so he could become a better person... but it was just another chance to hurt him and make him feel like shit. Actually, that seems to be the running theme... any time there's a chance to make the male characters actually understand why their behavior was unacceptable, it's abandoned to just hurt them or grind them under heel further. So it winds up more of a shallow, sort of petty revenge fantasy than anything else, with the female characters and the sole emasculated prettyboy male character "winning" against the jerks by being even bigger jerks.

Edit: And the more I think of it the less Melissa is any different than any of them. She's still rude and cruel to just about everyone around her, completely oblivious to others' feelings because she's entirely wrapped up in herself, appoints herself Yuri's protector who knows best for her (but it's okay because Yuri actually likes her, obviously), and runs roughshod over everyone else around her on a whim. The few redeeming traits they throw on her ("omg she's nice to the staff!") are such stereotypical Nice Guy things that it makes this look more like a nerd revenge fantasy against those Jerk Jocks that's using being a "yuri" series to cover its tracks.

@Flamebird She did teach him a lesson though, she was showing him how horrible his behavior was by treating him the same way. There is also no obligation that she should do it in a nice way. All the men she's confronted have treated her like shit. The prince was openly cheating on her but still wanted to use her for political influence so he deserved the tongue lashing he got. Jack the werewolf was trying to kill her friend and wrecked her estate so he deserved to get beat up. And Jake and Peacock were stalkers who needed to learn their lessons the hard way. If you recall, she's tried explaining to Jake why his actions were wrong in the past but he never took her seriously. Why does Melissa need to be the better person? Women should be not pedestalized and expected to always be moral paragons especially towards scumbag men. Stalking is illegal and dangerous and does not deserve kindness and patience. In fact, she's doing them a favor by pointing out what they're doing wrong at all. She is just treating them the way they treat her. As for appointing herself Yuri's protector, Yuri has given her consent, which is the big issue with Jake. If you've noticed, Melissa generally treats people with respect unless they mess with her first.

@Plippity Because it's actually feminist and has a competent heroine who solves problems on her own. It's also hilarious but different strokes for different folks. Even if it's not perfect, it's just so refreshing to see crappy and sexist romance tropes be called out.

@flufflover36 It’s great to see the subversion in cliche genres and having a good female lead but this has a 9.2 rating which means it’s close to perfection. I just can’t comprehend the number being so high with so many ratings. A 7 stands for good and that’s all I think the series is personally.

@flufflover36 Completely agree with you there. Seems like some folks still enjoy stories where the fl is a Mary sue character that accepts all the crap given to her by shitty male leads- like a saint. Which is a respectful preference 🤷. I like how Melissa is handling it and I think she always give respect first but I mean even I'll get angry if I get dismissed all the time by every ml.

Fed-Kun's army
If you find a manga that has hundreds of comment for each chapter, there's a big chance that the manga is amazing and worth to try

@KindlyUrKing Lol I don't think expecting FLs to be saints is a respectable preference at all. That's also one of the tropes that needs to be destroyed. It's about time we had realistic females who don't take shit. Why should they? If you give shit, expect to get shit back. Why aren't women allowed to treat scumbag men like the trash they are? Screams sexist to me if someone prefers the kinds of FLs who just let themselves be treated horribly.

Weird how applying all the same toxic masculinity traits to a woman that the negatively-viewed male characters have makes her a "yas kween" feminist icon, but oh well, I guess some people are just hypocrites.

@Flamebird What traits are you speaking of exactly? Melissa does not stalk anybody, does not pick fights unless another person brings a fight to her, and keeps open communication with Yuri instead of taking ownership of her. I also like how you just jump to calling someone a hypocrite without addressing any of the points made.

@Flamebird

I'm sorry but if you see that then you can leave. You are clearly viewing this manhwa through a very specific lense. A woman-hating lense to be specific. This is not the first time you have jumped to criticize Melissa and try to defend the horrible men chasing after Yuri. I've read your earlier comments and you clearly are not reading it to enjoy yourself like many other people here. You came in with a certain mindset that she is a "bad person" and that those jerks "didn't deserve what is happening to them".

You are not obligated by any law to stay here and sh!t on a story that is not your taste personally. You can easily just drop it and never come back if you truly did not care for the story or didn't find it to your liking but you've come back unsolicited yet again to put down people and spread your toxic beliefs.

Women are not obligated to fix men or to help them become better people. That is something they should do themselves. Like the popular saying by Ghandi goes; "If you want to change the world, you start by changing yourself".

@flufflover36 haha, I was kinda being sarcastic but I agree with you 100%. I find that most of the time, people choose to be ignorant because it makes them feel right or.... they're a troll 😂

Users who are viewing this thread