Beware the Villainess!

Dex-chan lover
@lolikoki Well said.

It's a shame, now that we have the Villainess tag the good thing is we'll find more gems like these easily.

The bad thing is you'll have more no-lifers who have nothing better to do than actively scan literally everything under the sun, then complain that there's too many cliches and mark the comment section with their woes.

@lolikoki
Well said. I have seen too many people dismiss amazing stories just because it is either tagged shoujo or has a female lead. Even just because the author was a woman. The sexism I've seen towards female mangakas and their work is heartbreaking.

This story is really overrated.

I love to read about strong FLs, but here she's above others just because others are too stupid and weak as characters. They are walking gags that are not even funny after a couple of chapters. So there's no sense of empowerment either.

So we have:
- comedy that is too basic
- plot what plot character bashing without plot
- love as seen through shoujo lense
- most of supporting cast flat as cardboard
- average FL
- good art

Overall, feels like teen fanfic that aims to romance some characters and bash others.

It's a light-hearted work with no drama or complicated plot. So I get why it might be fun and easy to read, but 9.25 is giving it too much credit.

I have mixed opinion about this.
I agree that the comedy is too basic, even we can find it in other webtoons easily. They're tracing or mimicking real person, memer ugly expressions. It's funny tho, but, well, not worth my time to follow in long terms. The key is the randomness and I won't expect further than this because the more it's getting serious, the dumber it dan get. Apart from this, I'm not a villainess thingy follower at all. I avoid this type of thing but enjoy it nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread