Beware the Villainess!

ok so i couldnt comment before but i have to say this is one os those manhwas where the female mc actualy plays her role as the villainess rather than becoming a saint. and since all the other mc's are trash i also really love the development. also i really hope she ends up with nine. he's too cute for this world. must protecc

edit: those people below me hating on nine thinking he is a wuss.. leme tell u his character is meant to be displayed as an adorable soft hearted mc. if u guys cant deal with it go stick to ur webtoons with the "kawaii fl" or the "dominating ml". people have such an orthodox mindset istg

Not that I hate Nine but Melissa has such a strong personality that Nine comes off as such a bland character whose sole purpose is to simp her. Yes, he’s gentle by nature and literally a loyal doggo but that doesn’t mean that he should spend the whole day just orbiting around Melissa and being all sad when she doesn’t give him the right attention. I just want him to have his own arc and do something productive in his life and prove that besides just being a pretty boy he can come up with ideas on how to help his mistress get rid of those shitty guys!
Right now their dynamic is that of master and pet - which leaves me with a bad taste 😥

I’d rather see Melissa x Yuri especially after the hints about Yuri’s origins

Serious people, why complain about Nine. He is a gentle wolf, that is the reason why he is hated and thrown out by his family.
You cannot expect a Samoyed fight like a Pitbull.

ok i know ppl have conflicting feeling, but i really like Nine, though he definitely needs a character arc because rn he’s kinda a B story. Plus I don’t mind Yona, i think she’s convenient and kinda funny.
but i love how well written Melissas character is! i’ve read and dropped so many “villainess” stories because the FL is presented as a strong character in the first chapters, and then her strength dies off. But the author has done a really good job of keeping that flow going!!!

thank you so much for translating! i’m looking forward to it !

VERY, VERY, VERY slow pace.
It bears to be repeated 3 times, because MC saying "I want to break my engagement." can be dragged for 3 chapters.

Dex-chan lover
This is the first of this type of isekai manga that I don't find entirely disappointing. The female lead is actually thoughtful about what's going on and it's a nice dismantling on several of various toxic tropes that plagues these sort of stories. I'd still say there's a bit too much of the typical rubbish in it - like when she starts to randomly train swordfighting and then basically a few pages later is a genius at it that basically can't be defeated (maybe for once have your protagonist actually work at something properly ...) or the weak world building or the super-convenient story progression - and I'm a bit distrustful of where it'll all go in the end, but at least it has some redeeming qualities.

As for the love interests: I absolutely agree with those that say that Nines is in desperate need of some character. Seeing as he's part wolf him doing the occasional puppy-like stuff is perfectly fine with me but this whole "my whole reason for existence is her alone and I do absolutely nothing whatsoever except following her around and making starry eyes at her" is a bit too bland and boring for a romantic relationship. At least he should offer the occasional suggestion on what to do or be helpful and supportive in a bit more interesting ways ... or whatever. I of course absolutely agree that his core personality of being a gentle person shouldn't change; he shouldn't turn into just another generic "protective" male love interest, but that doesn't mean he can't do anything at all.
And, yes, Yuri exists too, but if anyone believes that story is going there ... I mean, it's just not on ^^

thus bish just turn his brother (who is an asshole btw) into an animal that people can hunt during hunting event. I VOTE

Users who are viewing this thread