BIBLIOMANIA

This is a story about voluntarily running through peril and being torn apart and burnt down into ashes along the way; but then being reborn, stronger. Only to die again. And be reborn again, in accelerating cycles, in relentless pursuit of that goal in the distant horizon. The payoff I guess we'll see. At minimum it means Alice won't end up like the hundreds of others she saw along the way, if she makes it. Maybe she turns into Jordan Peterson?

This kind of reminds me of Cofee Moon, due to its art style and darker tone. They both have tones of retrying even when you lose everything.

In a world full of isekai , this is a masterpiece, I mean, you can just interpret it in many ways;

Snekbook(brother of Alice, because she says the book smells like her brother)is the past. Every occupant is stuck in a past trauma.
Alice is the future, that's why she couldn't be killed in the book. The future is unwritten.

Double-page supporter
What's the craziest is, that according to the artist's twitter, this was all hand drawn traditionally, and not digitally.

@Galshmer: Hey man can you give the author's twitter? I've been searching for quite a bit but couldn't find any info about him/her. Thanks! 😀

Group Leader
@Nautilus59
> Who could even call those people's reasons for avoiding life shallow?
The meta narrative. The story *heavily* implies this. I'm not sure how you miss it, but just because MC doesn't turn to the camera and tell you "these people are pathetic and wrong" does not mean the narrative isn't suggesting that. Look at Alice's face when she hears their justifications for not leaving. Disgust or pity, it's not an admiring or empathetic face.

The fact that they antagonize her for trying to leave is intentional. It's a narrative setup to make them look more simple and childish.

> Also who says that Alice is human?
Uh, no one? I didn't say anything about her being human or not. I'm talking about themes and metatext. I'm not sure what you're arguing.

> You never thought it was odd that a young girl had an immaculate one-piece dress on while the world looks like it is in ruins?

You're asking these questions like you think I'm dumb, when you're the one looking at this kind of abstract manga on a literal level instead of subtext. I'm not even sure how to respond because we're not talking about the same things, at all. It's a story where a girl is slowly decaying as she travels through various fantasies, why would her dress staying fresh and clean be weird?

Fed-Kun's army
first impression: holy jesus, this is good
now: this is extremely good

Users who are viewing this thread