Birdmen - Vol. 16 Ch. 78 - Last Flight

@groshia white winged taka 100% left and black winged taka just popped back up.

This was a great story now to go hunt down the books.

THANK YOU FOR UPLOADING THE REST OF THE STORY

It's a bit sad that the ending were a bit rushed due to the story being ax, there was many things that was just thrown as a few panels just for exposition but it was hard to actually comprehend it and many characters wasn't really develop/inform of backstory (like the last three of the 'seven' that we met).

AND I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE FUCK TAKA IS????? Why were his wings white? Where did he wanted to go? Why was he so happy to meet the original Eve?? Is it because she was technically his maker?

But other than that, the overall story and ending is satisfying. It was a bit weird that we went from a group of friend doing shit at their school to an global travelling story but I love it. Tanabe Yellow's story has always mystified me and hope to see more of their work!!

Now back to rereading <3

Thank you Scanlators for delivering this awesome ending to us. This is really a well built world. I hope everyone got the chance to read it too.
Tanabe Yellow's Birdmen and Kekkaishi really are interesting masterpieces.

Thanks for translating up to the ending! I've been wanting this one for a while, and I'm glad that it was worth the wait.

Thanks again!

Aggregator gang
Thanks to the scanlators for giving this a quick end
This ending felt like axed though

Fed-Kun's army
On the one hand, the story remains a mass of dangling plot threads and sorely underutilized characters and story elements, which makes the ending feel a bit rushed and maybe a bit unsatisfying. On the other hand, closing with an uncertain and inconclusive mess does seem like a more realistic note and it doesn't clash with more romantic stuff like the girl with a crush on Eishi totally still on the hunt at the end.

Thank you guys so much for finishing this translation!!!! It means so much to me!!!!!!!!!
It's still sad that they had to end the series earlier than planned, but thankfully they managed to get a mostly satisfying conclusion for me.

Aggregator gang
What a great manga 😭 Thank you so much for uploading the last few volumes. I wish an English publisher would hurry up and license it now it's complete. Like everyone else I wish there had been more time to explore everything... like multiple worlds... blackouts... the white wings... Ende being a prehistoric human (?)... I'm sure Tanabe Yellow could have come up with a great ending to tie it all together like with Kekkaishi. But I will take what I can get! And I look forward to her next title! Everyone who loves this manga are all comrades!

Dex-chan lover
I can totally see the ax, but surprisingly i am not angry.

I do want this to have more, there are many plot point that still has potential and needed solving, but it just feels more... real this way, life isnt a story there is not really end besides death and even then some stories have repercussions, this feels like they did the first real step and there will be many more to come.

But like i said i still wanted more of this, but this clearly is a little too brainy of a story for the general public and even its specific public may have found some difficulties as it didn't have really real fights (well at least not many).

But Takayama entering the photo, in the end, is just so perfect and i am happy that he didn't just transcend humanity completely and returned to hs grampa, he has an entire life to make that decision so he can wait a little more and stay with those he loves.

unfort that it got axed, still pretty good though. thanks for the chapters

kis

It's an amazing story. Definitely enters my top list. Thank you for scanlating the rest so we can have proper closure for this wonderful journey.

Might re-read again after a while. I think this is the kind of story that still relevant even after a few years.

Group Leader
I wish they'd at least wait or fit in an explanation how the hell Takayama is special. He's even above Eva, the first artificial, and Ende, a natural seraph, as it seems. This definitely one of my favourite, I especially loved the scenes where Karasuma becomes badass, but I won't deny that the quality went way down towards the end.

I felt like even if the series werent axed, the ending would still be something of this sort anyway (cuz it's honestly a nice ending), but the author would have more time and space to show how things happened the way they did, to detail on the characters more, their origin, their true nature and stuff. Really wished Tanabe Yellow had been given more time with this like she had with Kekkaishi. Nevertheless, a good ride anyway, despite certain confusion and annoyance on hanging plots along the way. I would still list Birdmen among my favourites like Kekkaishi (Kekkaishi's in my top top favourites tho lol). I'm so waiting for her next work!!

Dex-chan lover
Good to see this was finished. Pretty solid series overall. Would have loved some explanations for the blackouts and unanswered mysteries , but I'll take this.

Double-page supporter
Now I've read it, it's really a great ending. I worried about Taka before but he stay in the end ☺️ And that photo had Eishi's face covered again 😂😂

Man, I really need this to be animated. Or Kekkaishi (till the last chapter of the manga). Or the other work... Uh... About the demon thing? Tanabe Yellow's world are all great. And the fact that the MCs are all middle schooler really growing on me (on Kekkaishi too!)

Thank you for translating this works. Otsukare sama deshita ☺️💕☺️💕☺️💕
Me too!

Users who are viewing this thread