Birth of a Villainess - Ch. 3

Fed-Kun's army
I don't want to sound mean but for some reason this is lacking something essential and I can't point it out. The art isn't great but I doubt that's the reason since it's not bad either and I've tolerated mangas and webtoons with much lesser art quality. I think it might be a mixture of boring plot + very tedious MC but I'm not sure if that's what's bothering me

wait , is he the duke or is it someone else. hMmMmmMmMmMMmmMMm , i mean-- they did say he was old and senile but he doesn't look old-

@Akera93 I think it have a lot to do with the mother and her lover, since:
1. it seems the mother was actually unfaithful.
2. Them easily moving in with the mother's lover removed most of the tension from losing the fortune.
So the whole situation doesn't come across as something even close to where you would need a deal with a demon.
And the cousin isn't even interesting as revenge target.

Ohhh asking the important questions now, aren’t we Cecile?
Also, anyone else think it’s gross how he keeps on lusting after his own cousin? 🤢🤢

@Sharkarat it's as you said, the conflict is not really shown properly i guess.

I know they're trying to pretend that everything is okay so that she can have marriage prospective but it's actually not explained very good since other people seem to already know about their problem. Like idk, it's the way the story unfolds makes it a little bit bland

It's pretty interesting though to me because of the multiple timelines thing. That's what i want to read XD

did cecile just refer to her past life?? she remembers it at this stage??
also those eyebrows HAHA

Dex-chan lover
@Akera93
It's a great story presented poorly because it's too difficult to know the intentions of each character. Sure, you can analyze them and figure it all out, but for something read for "fun," it's a bit too much work, and if you don't analyze each character's actions and intents, they end up seeming bland at first glance. It's just a poor presentation of what should have been a good story in my opinion. A lot of stories like these reveal a lot more of characters' thoughts to deal with this problem, or exaggerate the personalities of people to make it easier to analyze the characters. Since neither technique is being used, the story seems both convoluted and bland.

This seems to be a good first few chapters as introduction, I guess the espionage and intrigue would come in later chapters. Still, the tension is somewhat lacking, but it's rare to see a timid MC standing up to a demon this quickly; as for whether this is good kind of rare or bad kind of rare still remains to be seen.

Ara ara, is he the male lead?
Although I'm against a human - demon relationship, but his character seems fine.

So this is a story that has no connection with historical events but drawn with historically accurate fashion? Count me in 🙌

Users who are viewing this thread