Blade Skill Online: Gomi Shokugyou de Saijaku Bukide Kuso Status no Ore, Itsunomanika "Last Boss" ni Nariagarimasu! - Vol. 1 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
1) Although "weed Dragon" does sound cooler it doesn't really match (dragon doesn't have any hallucinogenic effects). I don't really support translations changes based on whims rather than accuracy.
It also doesn't follow conventions for naming animals and plants. "Weed Dragon" implies it's a dragon of the weedy kind, but it's the opposite, a weed of the dragony kind.

Contributor
That window in Yuri's skirt so you can see her thighs looks a bit weird, was that there before?

Dex-chan lover
That window in Yuri's skirt so you can see her thighs looks a bit weird, was that there before?
Since the last chapter when she got the new dress. There are three frilled lines on her skirt, but only the two upper ones go around the entire circumference. The third does indeed not cover the front. Sometimes it's hard to see, especially when she's sitting down, since drawing a skirt that doesn't flash anything (Magic Skirt if you want the TV Tropes name for it) can make it a bit inconsistent.

Dex-chan lover
Large skirts like this weren't designed for travelling, so perhaps the fashion designer did that to make it a little easier for Yuri to run in while in dungeons. Also Yuri is a guy, so the way he sits and falls exposes more thigh than he should!

Dex-chan lover
It isn't really about difficulty of the boss. In a game designed for party combat, soloing a boss is typically a lot harder unless over-leveled or you can make up for it with equipment/player skill. You get less actions, damage output is lower, enemy attacks are more focused, and non-auto revival is pointless since there isn't anyone to revive you should you get KO'd. Not that I expected the cat girl's solo challenge to go well given what happened earlier in the chapter.

Double-page supporter
how can you hate tropius when something as shitty as lucario exists
For me, Lucario is kind of an D tier pokemon, tropius is just trash, trasher than bounsweet (a pokemon that is literally at the bottom of the food chain)

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, that's kind of what the manga is about. And what I expected from the premise. A weird starting build that kind of makes sense from a logical perspective, but has a bunch of probable pitfalls. Being the kind of story it is, we're obviously going to see all the unique skills that no one else as any business touching. It started with getting that melee skill that depended on luck from brawling.

It does figure that if players think luck is a dump stat, they won't know what benefits it has, and it would synergise well with those random chance skills. But as usual, a bunch of people are bound to try it out anyway, so it shouldn't be that unique.

Well, he did max out luck...
He is technically unlucky. Remember the reason he made that build was mostly due to trolls forum and when he read it, it was during the troll writing on the forum while the admin still sifting shit post. Everytime he read the recommended strategy is always after the troll writes/rewrites the article and before the admin fixed it.

His avatar also randomized so he basically got female avatar. The only blessing in disguise is that ridiculous synergy obtained from that shit combo.

Dex-chan lover
Large skirts like this weren't designed for travelling, so perhaps the fashion designer did that to make it a little easier for Yuri to run in while in dungeons. Also Yuri is a guy, so the way he sits and falls exposes more thigh than he should!
As long as a skirt isn't too long or too cumbersome it's fine to travel in. If it doesn't reach the ground and you don't risk stepping on it, the length isn't a problem. This one seems more like it's got some stiff support to stand out at the hips, but it's not particularly thick, so even if it's significantly longer I don't think there would be a problem anyway. It's when you have many layers of underskirts it gets troublesome, or if the support is too unwieldy.

He is technically unlucky.

His avatar also randomized so he basically got female avatar. The only blessing in disguise is that ridiculous synergy obtained from that shit combo.
Yes, technically. But not actually. I'd say the Swedish expression that approximates to "blessing in disguise" fits even better. It's "tur i oturen", which literally means "luck in the bad luck". He has a lot of bad luck, but the end result of it, at least as far as the manga is concerned, is a lot of good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread