Blood on the Tracks - Vol. 17 Ch. 153 - A Quiet Space

Dex-chan lover
Wow that's the end of Blood on the Tracks & wish this was a happier ending for Seiichi but at the same time it's better that he forgot what his mom looked like. The guy had his whole life ruined because of her & it is a shame he never got to experience a normal youth & young adulthood. Still better than what I thought he might have done after she passed away (good riddance), which was suicide. The art Oshimi Shuzo sensei did for this always impresses me even that colored page. What a ride & can't wait for another grim story from him in the future. Thanks for translating this to the end.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I found this ending quite satisfying and narratively appropriate. The best thing Seiichi could have done after his mother died was move and not let her presence dominate his ego and identity any longer. And as we see, it seems like he was able to do just that.

Dex-chan lover
Well, it's the expected ending. No plot twists, and neither a tragic nor a perfectly happy ending, but rather a realistic one.

I feel sorry for Seiichi, i really wish he had a better life, but he managed well in the end. Life goes on.

Dex-chan lover
I'm sure lots of people would normally expect something more climatic for an ending for mangas and animes, but I'm not opposed to more subdued endings such as these. It feels more real and cathartic for Seiichi to have found closure and simply let go of his troubles and forget about his painful past, with the series ending on that quiet note. It feels like a real story with an optimistic feeling for those with a painful past hanging over them
Thank you for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
The guy had his whole life ruined because of her & it is a shame he never got to experience a normal youth & young adulthood.
To me the most powerful aspect of this manga is the number of people who can more or less relate to Seiichi, growing up with an abusive parent.

Then this panel, don't know the why but it was the one that really stood out to me the most in the whole manga.
Sans-titre-2

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread