Blue Lock

I hate thinking there's a new chapter then seeing that it's a repeat. Dammit.

Thanks for all the translations though @everyone.

It's surprising to read a shounen manga that actually tackles the underlying domain of career-centric ideas in a resonating manner. It's good.

Ngl, kinda cringe and edgy(?, I’m not sure if it’s the right word to use) but all in all, it would be a pretty good binge if ur bored.

The mc is kinda useless 1/4 of the manga so if ur not the type to like those, probes not for u, it’s basically a repeat of useless, useful, useless, useful, useless, useful.....

Even when it gets as crazy as it is now it's not even close to early game prince of tennis. As long as this doesn't become DBZ soccer it's alright.

Dex-chan lover
Typical shōnen, the art style is really good but the character left a lot to be desired, TBH I don't get what the author trying to do, did the author try to do what fire punch and chainsaw man do killing off character like there is no tomorrow? Also, the MC is quite bland, The MC isn't as edgy as any Korean MC nor as goofy as a Chinese MC, his appearance is also very ordinary that's also a minus, I know he is supposed to be just a nameless nobody and all that jazz but c'mon he is the MC at leash make him have something that make him stand out a bit.(BTW I'm not going to mention how stupid and flawed the blue lock system is,ok I'm gonna mention one since you probably notice this too, the ranking is stupid, u kick ball to the hole = better rank but what if you get the goalkeeper role? yeah u are fuck, yes I know that it was fixed with some Holo blue boys but still that was stupid) Anyway enough with the rant Gaganmaaru is best boy fite me >:C

TL;DR It's the same reason why GoH anime is meh, the stake of the match is quite low or non-existence since we barely know who these guys are but the fight itself is good and get the adrenaline pumping because of how good the art style and the fight itself is.

I really enjoy it. It reminds me a bit of Galactik football when I was younger. Character could be a bit more interesting but overall I really enjoy it so far.

@MRain I do agree that some of your takes are flawed. Blue Lock is supposed to be an imperfect system. They don't want to develop players, they want(ed) to develop just 1 guy. 1 above EVERYONE else. So of you end up as a goalie, that's cause your egoism wasn't enough to convince your teammates to let you be a striker.

Next, is there something wrong with having a "NORMAL" MC? We've got kickass designs everywhere, from Nagi to Bachira to Shindou. The MC is a guy who's "clawing his way up", and you can very much see him look cool when he does shit, but looks bland when he's not locked in. So I'm guessing that the buildup is going to be to the point where he's always locked in, and always looking cool.

Also, is there a problem with eliminating characters alongthe way? If the author had that idea to begin with, just let him be.

Dex-chan lover
@PostImpressionism Ok that goalie thing might be me just mad because monk kid< Lemon (he was just way too nice T ^T). Yes, there is something wrong with it, The author can make the typical nerd dude looks cool example Ego and someone that claw their way up the ladder looks not generic example Asahi, Kuon and Niko. So why the hell would he make the MC looks as generic as possible? Also, I don't mean the lock in or lock not. No there was nothing wrong losing player that was me just mad about not seeing Ganganmaru for quite sometime, And My review was pretty flawed the Character have enough interaction beside the match to make me care for the character at leash a little bit unlike GoH. Also a lil rant again with the Imperfect system, in football team there is usually 2 strikers(if i remember correctly), so only raising 1 is kinda weird.

@MRain I feel like they made him look generic on purpose, similar to how in MHA they made Mirio look like the most generic character you could think of to exemplify that nothing really stood out about him/made him special. Just like Mirio the MC is just a regular player training day and night to push himself to compete with those who are naturally gifted. (Also goes with his physical capabilities as compared to a lot of the players he lacks physically and doesn't have the "best" fit for the sport)

Dex-chan lover
@DatBraveBaka Mirio generic did you not see his eye? Or hair? Even if you think his design is generic, his eye and (maybe) his hair stands out, so you can tell it's Mirio not All Might. Ok maybe the word generic is use pretty badly by me, what I really mean was that MC really doesn't have any distinct feature, sometimes he looks like bachira example will be chp 3 page 5 top left corner or chp 2 page 41, He really needs a distinct feature, so he can be easily recognized.

Also If you didn't know the MC here is just a copy paste version of the Dolly Kill Kill MC (the finale version)

Aggregator gang
this sh*t trying so hard to be edgy but their demographic target is shounen LOL

Users who are viewing this thread