Blue Period - Vol. 7 Ch. 28 - Crash

Sem

Dex-chan lover
Ouchhh that hurts
His prof's not wrong but the guy has no sense of delicacy.
Yaguchi still has no real idea what he wants to express with his art, he has no goal beyond the horizon. I think he'd really benefit from talking more with the other students and hearing why they draw and why they're in art, but it doesn't seem like the atmosphere of the school nor the professors really encourage that kind of communication.

What the professor means by "what's the purpose in using oil paints for this" is what are you trying to express that can only be expressed in this medium? What are you trying to express that's worth putting in this much time and this effort in? Why a painting instead of a photograph? How can you make people see something that only exists in your eyes?
Yaguchi is still stuck in the mindset of creating something for others to evaluate rather than something that pleases his own aesthetic senses or lets loose an emotion he can't say with words.

@Ggrain
Lectures are probably offscreen. We got a glimpse of one, so I can guess they're being taught there more formally.

Yes, be cryptic. That's how students learn. It's not like you're literally being paid to provide guidance or whatever. Fine, if that's how it is.

D: that last page

this really reminds me of architecture school. studio was just so?? professors gave assignments and then disappeared, occasionally lurking around the studio when no one was there. then on presentation day, they'd make vague comments or praise and never really teach anything. 😬

also it's so sad drawing and art is no longer fun for him. when he started crying about the children's class, that really hurt...

This is so painful I feel masochistic by continue reading it.

Dex-chan lover
Why do the teacher suck at teaching so much ? I know art is the best when it is self centered and selfish, but this is just what

Dex-chan lover
The latest chapters hurt so much I had to literally pause, and read something else before I could continue. So damn relatable

That front on the last page tho, fuckin brave, you can overcome it if at least by pretending confidence.

And I still read this masterpiece

chad-yozora.jpg

damn. This artist reaaaally knows how to capture emotion and drama in a frame. Posture, lighting and framework are just GORGEOUS

Not calling myself a protagonist or anything, but damn as someone in college this manga hits like a truck.

oof. poor yaguchi that feeling of being behind everyone else hits too close to home. But on the other hand I can't wait to see this animated!

I wonder what the evaluation would have been if it didn’t fall apart, which quite ironically represents his state at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread