Blue Period - Vol. 7 Ch. 28 - Crash

If you have instagram, please try to search at Yuka's ig account which mentioned at the 2nd page of this chapter! The account is real and the author posted many of illustrations here

Group Leader
man even tho i'm not art student, this is relatable af.

tl;dr college is a pain in the ass.

MD@Home
Man... this really hit hard... not only do you feel the struggle that Yatora is having but it's also very relatable with most things at least once in life. The author sure is great at making manga because this is exhilarating and captivating without having to release a lot of pages. This is honestly a masterpiece IMO

Exactly how I feel in art school, when everyone around you has immense talent and more years on your skill and the lack of teacher guidance it be super stressful

imposter & duck syndrome + lack of a proper support system makes for a terrible combo... it made my first year in university absolutely miserable

man it's almost scary how relatable this is

So relatable it's painful. Might not be the same exact dilemma but ive always had trouble with deciphering or putting meanings in a work like symbolism and ways to express that in different mediums. And it's like people see or feel what you can't, and you don't quite understand what's truly being asked of you. you make a wild guess, you try to make it novel but wonder if it's disingenuous or forced.
I still don't really know what makes 'meaningful art'. Uniqueness vs own expression. It's lucky to not be in his position, I get to be okay with my own art

other occurence, see: Live Dungeon chapter 10 page 7
h7.png

This manga feels is such an amazing work to me. After just graduating university I can completely relate to Yatora's recent works of his self-portraits and the struggles he's going through with not only his identity, but what he's feeling as well. Too real and hits me hard. Still, even though we both don't have everything figured out, you can only keep moving forward. Thanks to those that work on these releases, appreciate it.

I was really excited to see Tsukinoki question the medium like that! I took a few classes with an art history professor that was infamous for asking that in every single critique he did. The studio artists hated it, because from a practical standpoint the student's answer was usually along the lines of "well, I made a bronze sculpture because I'm a sculptor and bronze is accessible and familiar."

But I do think it's a really interesting question, and it made my professor happy when people tried to answer it. In the case of oil painting, it can even be as simple as some of the things that Ooba went over earlier in the series. "The portrait is a window into an implied, larger image that continues off of the borders of the easel." It's a question that's actually easier to answer with simpler and more traditional mediums, I think, because if you go for some elaborate installation, you need to justify everything in and about the room.

Yaguchi got confused and overthought it, and went off in the opposite direction he needed to, I think! I hope he realizes soon that the fundamentals that Ooba taught him are universal, and not something that he needs to shun and move away from. The professor I actually dislike is the one who slammed 'exam art' and caused this self-doubt!

People like that professor are the worst, instead of giving guidance he just stomps on any pride mc had accumulated from the cram school and exam...

Users who are viewing this thread