Blue Period - Vol. 7 Ch. 28 - Crash

god this was hurtful to read ... the true university expirience^tm mixed with imposter syndrom

Dex-chan lover
I commented again because the scenario seems so absurd. There are multiple instructors for this “class” yet they never meet with the student one on one, or check in on the progress fro over a month before final critique? That doesn’t make any sense, in any field of instruction. In fact, all this method does is recreate exam art, which encourages non-peer feedback, isolated work, and one single critique on a certain deadline by a set of judges.

Man, this is reminding me of how tough art school was. Luckily I was in the design/illustration major but it really felt like this. The constant pressure, questioning your art/style, class critiques, long studio hours (usually over multiple sleepless nights), fear of your teachers opinions and the vague assignments. I wistfully miss it though hahaha. You get extremely competitive but close with ur classmates. I produced some either really great or (IMO) mediocre work. But now I know which is which and how to do designs well. I also got a job in my field. I still wanna go back to classes sometimes. Thanks art school for all that lol

Thank you guys for your hard work on the chapter! As always, this manga amazes me like no other.

this is such a real rep for art school my heart hurts because of how much i can relate to this

thank god the school I went to was for animation and industry technique so I never had to deal with any of the airy-fairy vague advice, just a huge focus on technical skill.

Well that hurt. Poor Yatora being told those words right in his face.

Our boi needs hugs

Oh boi we're currently at the wrecking stage... Seems like we still have several chapters to bear before it gets better. Tight hugs and head pats to our boy

Users who are viewing this thread