Bocchi Hakase to Robot Shoujo no Zetsubou Teki Utopia - Vol. 2 Ch. 27 - Lonely Professor and the Hardware Store

Contributor
Jesus, that last page filled with despair.
Those aren't living survivors, seeing as how she's offering a final prayer for them.

How can this manga give me feels then make me laugh the very next panel? 🤦Am I really that bipolar 😆

Dex-chan lover
As depressing as that last page is, I'm glad that our robot girl was there to be an optimistic light for the professor

Dex-chan lover
I think professor is slowly turning himself into a cyborg or android. No way a bed snaps like that even if he is overweight.

The fact that the professor is always too late is starting to hurt. Especially since he recognizes it himself...

Double-page supporter
What if professor was alone all the time and she just imaginary friend

Dex-chan lover
There's just something special about a post apocalyptic story that's also a comedy. Like, the world is so grim and in despair that the jokes actually amplify how sad it is. It's funny but then realization hits and it hurts way more than before.

Dex-chan lover
@kodakato
@Vasqueztion
Yeah, maybe it's just being played for humor, maybe it's nothing, but it does seem like the author is dropping some hints the professor is unusual. "Countless seasons have passed", trees have grown a certain amount, but the professor remains the same. Also, where are the skeletons/decay? Unless (like with the classmate) the professor is literally just missing people by mere hours every single time, even in just a few days decomposition should have set in. And even without that one would still expect to find quite a lot of fully decomposed remains around. Maybe the remaining few survivors as humanity dwindled put a high priority on burials/cremation as the last thing they could do for everyone, or maybe the author just doesn't want to get into that in this setting. Still though it's curious, along with the level of AI robo has. And are the lack of words just a funny thing we see, or does the professor have a cyber brain radio and he really is communicating just wirelessly?

Dex-chan lover
Is the twist that prof did die in vol 1 and robot rebuilt him without telling him?

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, perhaps after the muscle-bodybuilding arc this is now a robo professor made by the girl.

Dex-chan lover
We know the girl’s last directive is to FIND survivors for the professor. What if long later she recreates the professor and just endlessly enacts finding locations of (dead) survivors? It would explain the timing.

Dex-chan lover
There are still survivors I assume some left the place(there were empty beds) while the one who died inside a separate room(they were separated because I assume they are infected) thus they change location and left some supplies for the infected so they are probably nice people.

Aggregator gang
@Firemorfox So the Professor is also a Robot and that's why he keeps breaking furniture and not because he is fat? That sounds very Professor like.

Users who are viewing this thread