Bocchi Hakase to Robot Shoujo no Zetsubou Teki Utopia - Vol. 2 Ch. 33 - Lonely Professor and Partings

Dex-chan lover
Now I understand it. I understand how exactly the masterpiece that is Sousou no Frieren was made by the same person as this nonsensical painfully unfunny gag manga. With the current arc of Frieren going the way it is going as well as this non-ending resolving or explaining basically nothing, it finally clicks. The somberness that was achieved by early Frieren was always almost present here, ruined by the attempts at humour. And with current Frieren almost forsaking that in favour of mediocre sorcerer battles, I reckon these two manga are not so different after all.

the gags were hit and miss but thos somber tone that echoes throughout the whole thing is what i and probably most of us stayed for

thanks for the translations

Group Leader
I think at the end, the black haired robot really is her after she got some modifications and her looking out to sea is probably because she's reminiscing about her past with the professor. And also, the professor really does look like a hologram his last panel as the previous shaking scenes weren't drawn as lightly, so he probably did die and it was the hologram in the boat all along. I don't think the author would just randomly put in another robot girl at the very end just to screw with the readers

Dex-chan lover
... Left hanging... Though I know what came after a while, I kind of wanted to see it if they reached them together...

Dex-chan lover
That is the robot girl! She has a few modifications now. She also has a laptop, and she is looking at the old footage as well. 😭 Notice how she gets up, and walks to see the ocean view. She’s remembering the good times with the professor! He passed away eventually. 😭 This is really depressing, but I loved the journey with those two. ❤️

Double-page supporter
I don't think she is the same robot girl. She have a different face, different eyebrows and a beauty mark. I can see her changing her body but changing her face too would be too much. The machine near the laptop looks like a radio so she is the one who made contact.

Fed-Kun's army
I believe that the professor died on the trip to New York instead of on his bed in chapter 17 because we saw him cough up a lot of blood in the previous chapter. And as someone pointed out, the professor we see in page 25 is just a hologram with the way he's drawn. Other than that, I feel like this should've gotten a few more chapters, if not one more volume.

Double-page supporter
He is drawn exactly the same carrying boxes and in the boat. This author draws dark colors with horizontal lines making them look like a hologram. It is weird.

thanks for everything!!

i thought an american made a robot girl and she was waiting for them to arrive. lol well i don't know. i really liked it.

The robot girl in the end made contact with the professor and the professor is not a hologram he’s just shaking from nervousness

Dex-chan lover
Keep thinking about the Statue falling over. The base itself is over too. The entire thing is completely massive, so I can only think something (nuke would have melted it, but some nearby buildings look leveled with just their floors and a bit of walls left) that was under it letting off a massive explosion. I don't think there is much of an island left in the opposite direction the Statue fell, so maybe someone blew up half of Ellis Island from the underground?

Double-page supporter
@Claith Considering this is a comedy manga, someone had a plan for something totally unrelated and it went very wrong.

Dex-chan lover
@te-kun I don't know man that didn't seem like an ocean faring yacht. Although I suppose if you left when it was going to be completely calm and loaded up on fuel it wouldn't matter

at first I thought it was the girl who was the inspiration for the robot but she died pretty early on

Double-page supporter
Please let the Professor arrived safely...hope there's some medicine or vaccine to use for professor...

Users who are viewing this thread