Bocchi Jieikan no Isekai Funsenki - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - SDF Go West 3

Group Leader
Technically the Type 16 is an AFV (Armored Fighting Vehicle, the modern world equivalent of a LT/TD). Tho i do wonder if we’ll see tanks down the line. Would be interesting to see a Kyumaru (Type 90) or a Hitomaru (Type 10) pop up
Yea I was debating that with myself doing the translation but the Wikipedia article is titled "Type 16 Maneuver Combat Vehicle"

Group Leader
Also I changed page 15 from "move to the rear" to "swing the gun to the rear." I knew the mtl didn't make sense but I was editing late at night and my brain wasn't braining.

Group Leader
"Target, cease fire" means that the target has been hit and disabled or destroyed and he's signaling to the loader you don't have to load another round. So it's correct.

It's something to decrease the stress and workload on the loader and to prevent reloading of ammunition that isn't necessary (which can be helpful if you're throwing HE/HEAT at light targets and all of a sudden you see an armored vehicle, you don't want to have to deal with unloading a live HE/HEAT round for AP/APFSDS - or more likely just firing the HE/HEAT round because it would be faster to load in many cases but it's a wasted shot - while you have the wrong shell loaded).
Yea that's what made sense in my mind to tell the loader to wait for next load.

Group Leader
His vehicles are immune to magic all the sudden? Because magic was the one advantage the locals had over him.
Not that I can remember, this chapter didn't mention it, since they didn't target the vehicle with magic, only the tower.

Falling medieval debris shouldn't be that stressful for the chassis. So I guess it makes sense that no damage was conceived.
It's not just that. He was absolutely confident they wouldn't be able to harm him, even though magic is clearly OP, blowing up half of a building like that.
An interesting thing about the setting was that magic was still relevant despite MC cheat ability, especially healing magic which is better than normal medical supplies, or magic items like that one wyvern scale shield that could deflect a fireball.
I think telling them the APC wouldn't be damaged is for the crew's sake so they wouldn't panic. Not that it actually wouldn't be damaged.

Dex-chan lover
His vehicles are immune to magic all the sudden? Because magic was the one advantage the locals had over him.

...I mean... What is a magic fireball going to do to an armored vehicle that can frontally take 25mm/30mm autocannon rounds and side armor rated up to 14.5x114mm fire?

It might leave a mark on the thing, but that's about it.

Dex-chan lover
I was thinking about it but I decided to go with US tank comms. From what I looked up the tank commander says "target" for a hit. I should probably go back and put in a TL note but I'll do it in the morning.
Fair enough, I'm not up on my tank lingo so it felt a little awkward to me.

Dex-chan lover
I was thinking about it but I decided to go with US tank comms. From what I looked up the tank commander says "target" for a hit. I should probably go back and put in a TL note but I'll do it in the morning.
tough luck, the chapter already has a tl-note there.

Supporter
Thanks for picking this up! I like stories that try to introduce a little bit of reality into isekai. "Karate Survivor in Another World" does this and it's one of my favorites.

Just how quickly is he gaining new armaments? A (sort of) TANK?? He started with an assault rifle like yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread