Bocchi the Rock! - Ch. 77

Supporter
What's with the comment, where's the translator drama? Not sure why why people go butthurt over people that went over their way to translate and share their translation.

su3apgD.jpeg

Power Uploader
I personally don’t see the point of sniping an existing group just because they don’t get a chapter out as soon as it releases in Japan. This isn’t the same as what happened with Boarding School Juliet where the primary group fell so far behind to where /a/ ended up doing a bunch of speed releases to get the series caught back up.

Aggregator gang
This sure is an unusual number of typos and awkward sentences... oh, of course. One more for the filter then I guess, thanks for even clarifying you're prioritizing speed with that credits page.

Dex-chan lover
Bocchi thought Ame was in love with her just because she praised her skills. This overestimation of her own popularity (with fantasies about Japanese rock stars praising their CD from last chapter), combined with the active uploading of her own content to the Internet and the fear of cancellation, really shows that our girl is increasingly evolving into a real online influencer. I need a spin-off called "Bocchi the Trendy!" lmao.
That's a mistranslation, the line raws was 'そのAmeさんって人私のファンなんですよ・・・ ' which translates roughly to 'That Ame-san happens to be a fan of mine...'

Dex-chan lover
That's a mistranslation, the line raws was 'そのAmeさんって人私のファンなんですよ・・・ ' which translates roughly to 'That Ame-san happens to be a fan of mine...'
Wait, so the actual joke in this scene was much more pure? Oh lol, I was fooled :D.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So so kind of anti defective shame then? Instead of adding yuri elements they're adding yuri elements :kek:
What's with the comment, where's the translator drama? Not sure why why people go butthurt over people that went over their way to translate and share their translation.

su3apgD.jpeg
Honestly I don't think Ripe Mango cares, they've continued even though we've had bad snipers in the past.
Bigger issue is that like less than 10 percent of manga is scanlated or translated officially, and they could've spent their effort on something that wasn't just a waste instead. There's ton of other good manga that's not getting translations, and would've given as much clout and dopamine as bocchi, but yet still they choose to translate something that already has a perfectly fine group. That's in my opinion worse honestly.

Dex-chan lover
So so kind of anti defective shame then? Instead of adding yuri elements they're adding yuri elements :kek:

Honestly I don't think Ripe Mango cares, they've continued even though we've had bad snipers in the past.
Bigger issue is that like less than 10 percent of manga is scanlated or translated officially, and they could've spent their effort on something that wasn't just a waste instead. There's ton of other good manga that's not getting translations, and would've given as much clout and dopamine as bocchi, but yet still they choose to translate something that already has a perfectly fine group. That's in my opinion worse honestly.
Roughly speaking, if we consider the scene in context, then the meaning of gag remains the same. Well, almost, given the change of the context of Kita’s feedback. Although the original joke seems more tame due to the fact that Bocchi was less delusional than in the mistranslation, lol. It's like Mineta's infamous "I fell iwith you, Deku" scene from MHA fans translation.

It’s hard to disagree with this. Even many fairly popular titles that have already been able to receive anime in the past remain either abandoned or not even touched by translators.

Last edited:
How is it only the stuff with established, loved translators working on it that get random people jumping in to snipe TL's instead of working on the things that get dropped for no reason.
Snipers mostly just want attention, so it makes sense that they go for popular stuff and put no effort into the quality of their work.

Dex-chan lover
I dont realy care about people sniping other, mostly because i hope that some people would start to do it for the super trash trad team that hoard a lot of good manga, but what's the point of sniping a team that regulary post new chapter, not cut in part, and with good quality?

Fed-Kun's army
dude I swear this reminds me of crayon Shin-chan, probably because both are 4-koma

Based. Can you snipe Kikuri Gaiden instead, though? It's three chapters behind and the translator group only releases in response to sniping. Ripe Mango has been on schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread