Bocchi the Rock! - Ch. 77

Dex-chan lover
The point about Ryou being made to live by herself without any allowance and Ryou ended up shocked makes so much more sense (as opposed to the line from the other translation of her “not contributing to the family”).
It’s a small change, but quite meaningful.

Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter! Leaving aside all the previous translation drama, since I am not a native English speaker, this version, as usual, is much easier and more intuitive to read. Otherwise, I won’t repeat my comments from that thread, I’ll just briefly say that I’m interested in how far the author will go in describing the characters’ lives after school. I hope they don't limit themselves to the local equivalent of the short sequel manga K-ON! about college. But yeah, given the school graduation theme anyway, thic chapter still gives me a lot of bittersweet nostalgic feelings out of context.

P.S. I don't know how much anime usually exaggerates this, but it seems like if a guy is especially popular, he can basically end up with no buttons on his jacket at all, lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Gotta love how that bocchi line about Ame went from "she loves me" to "she is a fan of me" goddamn xd
Well, putting aside the fact that Bocchi looked more delusional in that version, the core essence of the segment hasn't changed much. She wants to brag that the respected author is a fan of hers, but her friends think she's just trying to pass off fantasy as reality.

Contributor
Oh welp, didn't expect there to be that much of a difference. Thanks for the upload!
Gotta say some things suddenly make much more sense too.

By "getting [...] drinks" from the lucky vending machine, Ryou probably meant letting others get one for her and getting indebted to everyone at school :pepela:
And her parents straight up bribed the teacher, I'm really doubtful they'll let her live on her own without allowance. I'd definitely like to see what ways to cut costs Ryou can teach us though.

All that being said, the best part about this chapter was the TL page estimating the cost/like ratio of Bocchi's post, this attention to detail is awesome :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
Ryou living alone with no allowance may actually be a quicker way to kill her than hitting her with a car.

One gag no one's talked about yet is Bocchi's teacher giving her just the carrot and giving Kita just the stick since she's probably aware of how Bocchi is as a person so she gives the positive reinforcement she needs so she can keep up. But it just ends up a little dog-like and I think that's really funny.

Users who are viewing this thread