Bocchi the Rock! - Vol. 5 Ch. 55

Dex-chan lover
Pretty sure the gag would have worked the same if she said boyfriend... Cmon there is no heterosexual explanation to those thoughts
Yea cuz it's a joke. A joke poking fun at the big pro gamer that gets a big esports sponsor and also a hot girlfriend that's also a cosplayer but I'll bet ya money someone's gonna take it as the author nudging towards something when it was simply a joke. Shipping is a cancer that no one needs tainting this genuinely good series

Dex-chan lover
Yea cuz it's a joke. A joke poking fun at the big pro gamer that gets a big esports sponsor and also a hot girlfriend that's also a cosplayer but I'll bet ya money someone's gonna take it as the author nudging towards something when it was simply a joke. Shipping is a cancer that no one needs tainting this genuinely good series
Damn then you must really hate Kita who's down bad for Ryou from the start...

Dex-chan lover
Oh youre one of those, stay mad lmao XD

Dex-chan lover
Damn then you must really hate Kita who's down bad for Ryou from the start...
Nah, I like her, I don't really care much for her being down bad for Ryou cuz she actually gets development and is growing out of that rabid fangirl bit, and if not that, it's used rather sparingly doesn't detract from the story.

Dex-chan lover
It's not the first thing about Bocchi that's canon but that fans reject anyway.

My question was going to be whether she's daydreaming about getting a hot cosplayer GF, or if she'd daydreaming about being the hot cosplayer GF.
Lets be honest, looking back at the first time Kita and Nijika went to Bocchi's house, she was on the verge of collapsing with just the 2 of them looking at her and we all know that being a cosplayer is all about showing off your cosplay to a multitude, it would be weird of her to think of being a cosplayer herself

Fed-Kun's army
It's not the first thing about Bocchi that's canon but that fans reject anyway.

My question was going to be whether she's daydreaming about getting a hot cosplayer GF, or if she'd daydreaming about being the hot cosplayer GF.
She's literally playing Splatoon. There's zero chance she's straight at this point.
Also, why would she need to become a pro gamer to become a cosplayer gf? Hell, why would Bocchi even want to become a cosplayer??

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
those who said bocchi daydreaming about being the hot cosplayer GF sure coping so hard huh, they must've forgotten about BTR series is one of Manga Time Kirara lineup which means any subtext element would happen anytime in this series.

Double-page supporter
About the girlfriend thing, I think it's more of a joke about japanese's stereotype where pro-gamer or popular streamer in general usually have the so called "コスプレイヤーの彼女" (cosplay girl/cosplayer girlfriend), which where Bocchi self-insert to.

Doesn't neccessarily mean Bocchi is confirmed gay or anything, we saw plenty of time where Bocchi self-insert or imagined being in various stereotypes, this is just one of them

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
About the girlfriend thing, I think it's more of a joke about japanese's stereotype where pro-gamer or popular streamer in general usually have the so called "コスプレイヤーの彼女" (cosplay girl/cosplayer girlfriend), which where Bocchi self-insert to.

Doesn't neccessarily mean Bocchi is confirmed gay or anything, we saw plenty of time where Bocchi self-insert or imagined being in various stereotypes, this is just one of them
Bro, the stereotypical joke would work just as well without the theme of having a girlfriend, but the author put it in anyway. The coping here is hard.

Double-page supporter
Bro, the stereotypical joke would work just as well without the theme of having a girlfriend, but the author put it in anyway. The coping here is hard.
I still stand by my point

Just to be clear, I'm not agaisnt yuri, but at the end of the day it's still just a stereotypical joke so make of it what you will

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread