Bocchi the Rock! - Vol. 5 Ch. 55

Y’all screaming about this gay things and shit. Have y’all forgotten what Ryo said when they were cosplaying as “boyband”?

It’s all a joke, fella. Sorry but that’s the truth
images

• Strike
Reactions: KZO
Dex-chan lover
Don't give the shipping nuts anything else. Context is lost on them and gags are beyond their comprehension.
Lol, it turns out that angry shippers giving "strikes" for disagreement with their ships is a fairly common thing. Well, I thought that people who believed in the seriousness of the kiss between Naruto and Sasuke were wishful thinking, but it seems that the selective attention of those who cannot understand a corny joke about successful streamers is noticeably superior to them.

I still stand by my point

Just to be clear, I'm not agaisnt yuri, but at the end of the day it's still just a stereotypical joke so make of it what you will
Again, this is basically a repeat of the "life of a rock star" joke, where Ryo mentions that they have to have fun with a bunch of girls to be considered successful/popular rock stars (which is quite common in CGDCT manga, for example, in one the girl imagined herself as a playboy surrounded by hostesses). People can joke about copium and denial all they want, but they're actually the ones who are trying to take an obvious joke as an objective confirmation of a character's sexuality, lmao.

Last edited:
Lol, it turns out that angry shippers giving "strikes" for disagreement with their ships is a fairly common thing. Well, I thought that people who believed in the seriousness of the kiss between Naruto and Sasuke were wishful thinking, but it seems that the selective attention of those who cannot understand a corny joke about successful streamers is noticeably superior to them.

Again, this is basically a repeat of the "life of a rock star" joke, where Ryo mentions that they have to have fun with a bunch of girls to be considered successful/popular rock stars (which is quite common in CGDCT manga, for example, in one the girl imagined herself as a playboy surrounded by hostesses). People can joke about copium and denial all they want, but they're actually the ones who are trying to take an obvious joke as an objective confirmation of a character's sexuality, lmao.
I can't beleive there's still people who need to hear this, but yes, btr IS yuri. As in, it's girl put in overwhelmingly feminine environment bonding with other girls, either just socialy or romanticaly. Obv the author wants to focus on the plot and drama and has most likely no intent to concreticize the ships. But there's a reason why most jokes and characters have been at best gay af and at wrost neutral (and why there's absolutely no het jokes on here beside female character referring to themselves or another female characters as "boys").

I dont see why you guys have such a hard time accepting this, its changes literaly nothing to the plot as romance is not the goal of this story anyway. But YES, you will keep seeing jokes with gay undertones and female character gushing over each other with absolutely no male love interest in sight because the yuri atmosphere is clearly part of the author's intentions.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I can't beleive there's still people who need to hear this, but yes, btr IS yuri. As in, it's girl put in overwhelmingly feminine environment bonding with other girls, either just socialy or romanticaly. Obv the author wants to focus on the plot and drama and has most likely no intent to concreticize the ships. But there's a reason why most jokes and characters have been at best gay af and at wrost neutral (and why there's absolutely no het jokes on here beside female character referring to themselves or another female characters as "boys").

I dont see why you guys have such a hard time accepting this, its changes literaly nothing to the plot as romance is not the goal of this story anyway. But YES, you will keep seeing jokes with gay undertones and female character gushing over each other with absolutely no male love interest in sight because the yuri atmosphere is clearly part of the author's intentions.
The more people like you so obsessively try to tell what needs to be accepted and by who, the more hostile people will be about this. All these things have been discussed many times (starting with the fact that the absence of a straight romance does not make all characters gay yet and ending with that, horny fetishization of bonding between female characters does not make them that either, not to mention the concept rules of CGDCT manga), but you continue to behave like obsessive religious preachers (you even registered an additional account to do this). So obsessed that you don't even realize how you're contradicting yourself, at the same time declaring that romance is not the author's goal and then desperately trying to justify its important presence in the manga, and in the most banal things. Everyone has the right to interpretations, headcanons and finally, shipping. But the more you force this on other people in a damn new circle, the more negatively they will react to you and your headcanons.

But even though my answer was extremely simple, you still will obviously refuse to "accept" this and begin to argue further, ignoring any attempts by me or others to be neutral about this. Therefore, excuse me, in order to avoid another meaningless flood and discussion of things that have already been discussed many times, I will add you to ignore list. Goodbye. I hope that someday you will learn to respect different opinions, although it is very unlikely.

Last edited:
The more people like you so obsessively try to tell what needs to be accepted and by who, the more hostile people will be about this. All these things have been discussed many times (starting with the fact that the absence of a straight romance does not make all characters gay yet and ending with that, horny fetishization of bonding between female characters does not make them that either, not to mention the concept rules of CGDCT manga), but you continue to behave like obsessive religious preachers (you even registered an additional account to do this). So obsessed that you don't even realize how you're contradicting yourself, at the same time declaring that romance is not the author's goal and then desperately trying to justify its important presence in the manga, and in the most banal things. Everyone has the right to interpretations, headcanons and finally, shipping. But the more you force this on other people in a damn new circle, the more negatively they will react to you and your headcanons.

But even though my answer was extremely simple, you still will obviously refuse to "accept" this and begin to argue further, ignoring any attempts by me or others to be neutral about this. Therefore, excuse me, in order to avoid another meaningless flood and discussion of things that have already been discussed many times, I will add you to ignore list. Goodbye. I hope that someday you will learn to respect different opinions, although it is very unlikely.
Wow so I guess you just chose to ignore the entire first part of my paragraph huh?

Like I said, it has nothing to do with shipping. If anything the very idea that yuri HAS to be about nothing but confirmed romantic/sexual relationships between women is what's fetishizing. The fact that BTR main serie focus on an almost women-exclusive cast bonding regardless of romantic involvment is undeniable and thus makes it a yuri in my eyes and in many other's.

The underlying gay jokes, shipping from the fan, ect are direct consequences of the work state of existence, which at this point I think is very clearly by design, so its useless to get actually mad over stuff like this. Basically its a work made by and for women, so let us have some fun !

Its crazy that our space will be the only ones where people feel the need to dictate how to approach the work (because no, actively fighting any hint of fun the women/WLW are having is not "being neutral" about it) even when every single aspect of the work down to the dumb jokes are cattered to us.

Dex-chan lover
I cam here for some neat comments and all I got are so dumb shipping stuff.

🤢

Users who are viewing this thread