Boku ga Watashi ni Naru Tame ni

Fed-Kun's army
Fun read but I can't help but chuckle a bit at the genderswap tag, though I know that mangadex doesn't have any better tags for this so it's probably fine

Supporter
Thanks also from me, who has no prior experience in those regards. It was very interesting to read the experiences of the author, even if I'm far to squeamish for the pain parts....

I thought Japan would be even more conservative regarding transition, but luckily Hirasawa had a good roll, at least on the legal side of things.

Why does this manga have the tag genderswap ? It should rather have the tag crossdressing.

Jet

ikr. Being perverted is all fun and games, everyone got their own kinks and fetishes. But to go on and mutilate yourself for life, cut it off, like wtf, sick stuff, mental idd.

What a wholesome read, I totally relate with wishing I was born a girl, but would never in my life transition, so it’s nice to see someone else’s POV.

I watch medical dramas and surgery shows on TLC, but the discussion of how the surgery worked (and food related stand ins) actually made me nauseous. Don't know what that says about me.

Dex-chan lover
While this didnt really change my views on anything you just cant help but feel for them at the end.
Its not much of a story its basically just 5 chapters of "owie ouch my crotch hurts" and then 3 chapters of "well things are still kind of shit" but thats life, i guess.
Getting a little insight on how this stuff actually works on a legal basis is interesting i guess but probably worthless cause other countries handle it differently.
The nurses were pretty funny though. I wonder how much of that is actually true.

Now i've got this weird urge to search up pics of srs patients and i dont know if ill be able to handle that.

Double-page supporter
u can be 100% sure a person knows absolutely nothing about biology the moment they start talking as if "chromosomes" determines anything

https://twitter.com/RebeccaRHelm/status/1207834357639139328

Double-page supporter
this is so good btw. incredibly funny and informational at the same time. there are not a lot of LGBT manga that are just straight up hilarious

Contributor
Decent read, generally enjoy reading autobiographical works like these but I feel the author is just not quite good enough to make this really work.

Aggregator gang
I really enjoyed the autobiographical

That said it was super gross, but I appreciate the details she went into. I even laughed a few times at the realistic comedy of the nurses. Overall it's a short read that can give insight to another's life/struggle.

I have absolutely nothing to do with this but man that was really fricking cool!! 😀

A great (but hella uncomfortable at times) read! The comedy feels well-done and well translated ^w^

As someone who's been thinking about "the surgery" a lot lately it was nice to have a read about it!

Users who are viewing this thread