Boku no Ikezu na Konyakusha - Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
I think the art and characters are cute enough that it being a misunderstanding based story is honestly fine. She's soooo damn cute and expressive, and the protagonist has a good attitude.

Too many of these stories have shit like 'oh I'm unworthy of her oh she could never like me that's impossible' blah blah, but he's like "I love her! I will become worthy of her!" He might not have the highest self-esteem but he isn't your regular shitty manga protag, imo.

She's also not being intentionally obscure or sending mixed signals on purpose, or treating him like garbage and being like 'why won't you love me???' is the other big thing. It's totally believable there are communication issues here.

Ok, I'm invested. While I normally really dislike misunderstandings and miscommunications (ESPECIALLY, if cast is adult) here it makes sense and is adorable.

I mean, the whole premise is great. They are in arranged marriage (though both very much like each other) in what seems to be higher classes families, at least her side, so the guy actually tries to officially court her and is genuinely learning savoir vivre and Kyoto customs for her. She on the other hand is sick and tired of always being prim and let's loose around him and doesn't care at all about that without him knowing and just also relies on assumptions or is too embaressed to make things clear . Shenanigans ensues

Users who are viewing this thread