Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu - Vol. 4 Ch. 51 - It's Hard for Me

@leon06673 sure but in the context of their dialogue? Should be closer to "indignation", something like "taken aback".
"Grossed out" just doesn't fit there at all: there's no revulsion, it twists the context too much.

Aggregator gang
Ah! Forgot to mention that "Almost there" sticker. This girl is as hungry as always lol

Dex-chan lover
Well. I have read this chapter 3 times now.

And I finally feel like I get everything.

I'm confused. I thought the old guy was the grandpa.But ane calls him dad?

@labanina wait I thought you were a MTL, when did you start speaking jpn lol?

@coolcheesedwhiz since Boredom TL anon dropped his script on /a/ and it had none of that "gross" bullshit.
It might be one of the proper slang TL as leondude pointed out, but it doesn't fit the context of their dialogue or their facial expressions.
You don't even need jap to see that.

Also you should be asking "when did you start READING jpn" and the answer is I din't, speaking and hearing it is whole other matter after decades of anime though: it's much easier to learn by ear than learn their cryptoglyphs.

Aggregator gang
@labanina
Others already answered you.
I'm no translator, and I guess you aren't too; what I can say is that the team here agreed that «WHY'RE YOU ACTING GROSSED OUT» was an acceptable translation, and my non-japanese speaker take is that "why are you backing off" et similia only seem more literal takes which don't really warp the original meaning.
That's the beauty of differentiation!

Fed-Kun's army
A lobster cat running.
.......Man was not meant to understand Woman.

@giolleau
But he's not "grossed out": there's no revulsion.
team here agreed
Considering scanlation process of your team that you've previously explained, I guess it's not surprising that final version of TL doesn't match context on actual page.
yqnjz4.png

At least put the caption on the last page in, about 7.5 hours of sister pesting Kyou. MD readers would end up going through your chapters and missing out on that bit.

>"he's" not grossed out
Unless I'm missing something, he's the one saying this at his sister on page 8, and she has a clear face that could imply revulsion, or being grossed at her brother's sudden "cutesy" attitude over wanting to buy matching things for Yamada.

@SnakeMomMelissa the truth is out there, but Kyou is certainly not grossed out in that panel.
o60ylh.jpg

Even "Why are you being gross?" would probably be a better fit here, following link posted below: https://takashionary.com/hiku/

Yes, he isn't, but this
unknown.jpeg

Textbox
Is Kyou speaking at his sister, not her asking him why he's being gross. I think this is where your confusion is stemming from.

Aggregator gang
@labanina I think you've misunderstood something. From what I can see, the sequence would be kinda like this:
Kyou: *acting cheerful* (which he rarely done)
Sister: eeeeeeh *grossed out by Kyou's rare cheerfulness*
Kyou: WHY'RE YOU ACTING GROSSED OUT?!

Edit: Ah, you've realized that. Don't mind me, then.

Aggregator gang
@labanina, as @SnakeMomMelissa pointed out, you probably just got the context wrong. It's the sister who is grossed out, and Kyou is shouting her the quote you claim we mistranslated.
>But he's not "grossed out": there's no revulsion.
That's what your post suggests, at least.

Aggregator gang
@labanina, exactly.
Anyway, thanks for pointing out your doubts! One never knows.
Regarding the editor's note, we rarely translate them, since they are almost always dropped in the tankobon version.
Also, this is a very minor one, not worthy of editing imho - we already know that from that point on onee started to be annoying.

Double-page supporter
>>>'Hey, mom, listen to this'
And there mom remembers 'that' Yamada from parent-child meeting...🤣

Users who are viewing this thread