Boku no Namae wa "Shounen A"

For the nth time -> I DIDN'T UPLOAD THE LAST CHAPTER.

Learn to read the uploader name properly smh.

Edit:- They deleted the chapter.

Group Leader
That final chapter shook me for real. Like, I thought the scan mass release but they just released the last chapter. Well, I'm not reading it until the other chapter got released. Still thanks though, for the effort.

Dex-chan lover
Ohh i see i see, i get that i was wrong, but still what the hell is the other scan team thinking? Like theres no point in doing this

I've heard the morale of the scanlating team has crashed since someone sniped the last chapter and spoiled it. i haven't read it and i hope Goddess continues translating the rest until the end, i've been really enjoying both your work and the manga itself!!❤

Fed-Kun's army
Amazing! What a superbly flawed story! The characters won't tell anything to anyone, and the teacher's phone wasn't checked for evidence (nvm, it was destroyed). However, even if the phone was destroyed, data can still be recovered with the right equipment. amAziNG
Although, this is interesting to read.

For people complaining how can't cops recover any data while the son can... the case was high profile and they just wanted to finish the investigation. The suspect "confessed" to the crime while the only witness couldn't tell them what happened. Police negligence and incompetence is not entirely implausible, especially in Japan.
Japan has a conviction rate of over 99%, most of which are secured on the back of a confession. "It is also seen as a chance given to a suspect to unburden his guilt and repent for his crimes." If a suspect repents during the interrogation process, Professor Kingston says, prosecutors offer a lighter sentence https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-20810572
I know other countries aren't perfect but holy shit Japan's legal system is fucked, among other things.

People who hates FMC and takes it too far... Am I missing something here or are some of you got dropped in the head when you were little? I don't like how FMC just moved on and didn't help MC but that could be explained by the trauma she got from oh I dunno... getting raped? A 7th grader is basically a kid.

As for difference in western and eastern culture, are you telling me that there aren't any cases of sexual assault that doesn't see the light of day? Even in the west, there are cases like this that only comes out to light only years after. More often than not, victims just want to move on and not relieve it over again. It's not logical and healthy, but is that really that hard to comprehend?

There are things I don't like about the manga, like with MC's sister, over the top reaction from his classmates, FMC coming back to MC's life when she likes somebody else, and
rapist's son only getting less than 5 years in prison for probably just the attempted murder, forgetting the fact that he's the one leaking information and blackmailing MC. I know he's also a victim here and misdirecting his anger, but fuck him! nonetheless. Even worse than MC's unreasonable bitch classmate. These two are just irredeemable to me.

I can speculate why this is targeted for shounen demographic, but given how the story went (looking at the raws) I think author/editor missed the point and dragged the "end" story for too long. If the story went differently in the early chapters with the same ending or was made for a different medium (novel, drama cd) that would show the entire story (given how uncomfortable it is) then yeah I can see this for shounen (I can't imagine reading this waiting for a chapter on a weekly basis). I think it would have been better if the targeted demographics were older.

About MC's sister at the end
author didn't even explain it but her child shouldn't be from the rapist's son, probably met another guy. Event from where MC revealed the truth to the media was 5 years ago, and the child was only 1 year old.
Unless author wants to fuck with the readers and do a J. K. Rowling

Dex-chan lover
Everything this manga does, [url-https://mangadex.org/title/38738/kimi-ni-aisarete-itakatta]Kimi Ni Aisarete itakatta[/url] and Shounen no Abyss does infinitely better, both in terms of psychology, characterization and internal logic and consistency.

I was hoping for something along those lines, but there's hardly any nuance in this series. It's all depicted as so black and white and we see this nearly perfect character that has been exonerated by the audience suffer for basically not reason as everyone in society just straight up hates him and he gets abandoned by everyone at the drop of a hat until they do a 180. Basically everything that could go wrong does just to make the main character suffer.

Read the first few chapters and then drop it faster than the girl you dated on prom night.

@mangareader1

I gotta disagree with you there. The fact it's a minor who committed is supposed to have committed the crime changes a lot about this scenario, especially if he was supposed to have overpowered his teacher. The school apparently had no cameras, no DNA evidence was collected, no medical examinations on the witnesses or the teachers, etc. would all indicate such a sheer degree of neglect on the part of the officers that its comical.

Also if the police are meant to negligent, I feel like we need a scene or two of them refusing to conduct and inquiry or explaining that characterization, but we don't have that scene so it feels like too much of a reach to apply real-world scenarios to it because we shouldn't have to infer characterization.

Other than that, I understand that FMC has PTSD from her experiences, but trauma over a past action doesn't necessarily vindicate her actions in the present, and her word as a witness in the present would probably be enough to at least lessen the burden he bares. Keep in mind also that her PTSD, though hard to live with and severely harming her relationships, is still high-functioning, meaning she doesn't have a problem integrating into society. MC can't even have that, and has to live constantly in paranoia of a crime he didn't commit, harassed by people who don't know the truth and basically completely demonized by everyone around him by something he did when he was a minor. She has an obligation, despite her condition, to still try to ease that burden. Plus there's also the fact that audience catharsis is also a factor in this narrative, and it's not a satisfying resolution to see MC basically cucked and dragged through the mud for a girl who is bearing the burden he is to a similar proportion.

@Tamerlane the only witness is in shock and believed MC saved her by killing the rapist, "suspect" confessed to the crime. Only cameras would show, if there was one, are people going in and out of the room. DNA test and medical examination on what? They weren't suspecting sexual assault (which is ironic how creepy the rapist looked to the students) and the rapist was just starting before MC stopped it. I guess I was too harsh, since there was a scene with detectives questioning her at the hospital doubting what MC said, but they couldn't get anything out of her. There wasn't enough to go on to really try and salvage what was on the phone. People can get convicted on confession alone, I'm not saying I agree with it. I do agree that the investigation should have been thorough given that it was a minor.

Also, MC wasn't helping his case by controlling the narrative and public sentiment against him putting more pressure to the investigation. The moment he confessed and the media went to the town with the case, MC's fate was sealed. But yeah, author could have focused more chapters on the investigation and trial.

Her trauma doesn't vindicate her present action nor does it convict her for MC's misfortune. I understand and agree that FMC should've help MC in the past or the present, but think about what you are asking. In the past, she couldn't think straight, scared, and in shock. She was 12-13. In the present, you are asking a rape victim to get dragged back on the limelight and get her life put on a microscope by the media and the public. Just because she's highly functioning and it's been 3 years doesn't change the fact that she's still broken. Not trying to vindicate her, but hating on FMC is a little bit much. Both MC and FMC got the short end of the stick. There's plenty of blame to go around, for rapist and son. I just feel like the hate is either misdirected or for the wrong reason.
As far as the story goes, both MC and FMC murdered the rapist. FMC doesn't remember but she clubbed the hell out of the rapist when MC was cornered and MC making sure he was dead by double tapping the head. Even if it was self-defense, they'd still carry the fact that they'd killed someone, even a scum like the rapist. Although it would have been better for both of them if that happened, since MC wouldn't be convicted and won't have to through as much and FMC getting help mentally.

People hated the FMC because she didn't end with MC, but it's not like FMC choose her senpai instead of MC. For all we know it just didn't work given their history or MC choose Kahelia/Kawai? after the revelation. Isn't that better for MC? He gets to finally move on.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I appreciate his mom for handling the situation well but I feel sorry for her. Not telling the truth would have been better rather than telling it partially. She placed her trust in her son but soon it's going to shatter, it really makes me upset. I would like to see the moment when he will realise how many people's lives he had destroyed for a girl.

This has more unnecessary drama and shoehorned plot than a korean soap.

I'm sorry, but jamming 5 shocked faces 😨 per chapter doesn't make the story more compelling or believable.

Art 6/10
Story 3/10

If you can suspend your disbelief, maybe you'll find it interesting i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread