Boku no Namae wa "Shounen A"

Group Leader
Kinda trashy ending ngl, i was expecting more revenge, or at least some revenge from the dude. Or at least give us a hyped ending bruh that was just rushed as shit.

If you haven't started reading, please don't even try to get through this. The ending was bittersweet or whatever, if you're into that, but even this type of shit was infuriating from start to finish. Save yourself some time and skip this one. God bless.

@heartmade_fm I can see why you’re disappointed with how things ended up for the female MC but I thought that the ending was very optimistic and realistic for her. Through a combination of my own experiences and listening to therapists, I’ve found that closure for mental trauma is very likely to not happen for a lot of people. I understand that not having closure goes against good storytelling because there no catharsis and so I it makes sense that you and so many here are not satisfied with the fmc ending. I just think that having no closure on her part spoke to me personally as it’s something I can sympathize with as someone who got into an accident and suffered from flashbacks and permanent injury. Idk but I feel like my trauma has just become a part of me that I live with.

Edit: I agree with a lot of what the other posters are saying. A lot of character actions seemed way too illogical and the plot seemed contrived at some points. I think it could’ve been handled better. I just wanted to respond to you on your fmc ending thoughts.

@deeman010 I can respect that and I hope things are well for you. It's true that having no closure in a story can also be a form of closure to some readers in the way that it resonates with their own lived experiences. I hadn't stopped to consider that, so thank you. That said, though, trauma is trauma and I guess I should have made it clearer that I wasn't expecting for FMC to get over it because it... doesn't really happen. These issues are complicated and so are my feelings on it, but the baseline of it all is that the story could have handled the characters so much better in such a way that it wouldn't have felt contrived and unsatisfying.

Also, I didn't actually expect anyone to read that monstrosity of a wall of text... But thank you for reading through my thoughts. It makes me very happy to know that someone took time off their day to listen to what I had to say.

Good rerad if you can tolerate smoothbrain logic. Good plot and idea, bad execution. ending feels somewhat rushed.

A flawed masterpiece for me. The negatives: some unneccessary scenes made for shock value.

The story is gripping from start to finish, a serious and gritty human drama about people getting messed up by messed up circumstances. Yes, the characters don't always make the best decisions, but that is what makes them all the more real and relatable, why we root for them to prevail in the end, to finally see them in their best lights.

The weight of another man's life is heavy, no matter how horrible and deserving of death they might be. It crushes down on the you and everything around you, before you realize it you have already dragged everything down to hell.

But at the end, there's a chance to crawl out of that hell. It's a painful and damaging process, it will leave you with scars and painful memories. It is only after you're back on top that you finally see it all.

That some love stories aren't meant to come true and it's okay.
That broken spirits could be mended, despite imperfections.
That your life is precious on its own.

WTH this got me like bish this could’ve been fixed earlier to damn wth why my head hurt ? Why my heart hurt? Why is every not guilty other than the pedo dad teacher... anyways it pains me to see this happens in real life too. Common mistake blinded by love and naive. Man I wanna read more but I’m very satisfied even tho rushed

Mega Spoilers

get rid of the teacher's son character that was pretty wack ngl. There's more than enough potential meat in this story when it came to the psychological aspects of each of the characters. But that wasn't properly capitalized on imho, instead we get whatever the fuck that storyline was with the teacher's son, that discount joker. He was so weird, I get the feeling that he was meant to be used to explore the main character more intimately but that wasn't done well at all. He also looked super insane, like if you took kaiji from ultimate survivor and tried to port over his design to this artstyle.

The ending kind of made up for whatever happened before it but that's mainly just because it provided closure.

Also towards the end it started to feel a little bloated with characters acting rather irrationally. A good example of this was the entire character of Itakura san as she just serves as something of a plot obstacle before becoming a device for the story and continued improving of the main character's "good guy image" before she was finally thrown out of the story.

Also remember how the MC's dad was dead? Me neither.

give this a 32 chapters out of holy fucking shit I read this entire thing in one sitting what the fuck am I doing with my life

People are mad bcs it wasn't "good ending." It was a realistic ending and it suited to story pretty good. It is a good manga and it doesn't deserve 6. People should give it a shot.

Amazing. Truly depicts that Japan police is fucking joke, that can't do basic fucking investigation. Phoenix Wright looks like a real professional than you start comparing with this.
But the whole premise of "YOLO LETS RUIN MY LIFE, AND SAVE SOME RAPIST REPUTATION" is simply stupid.
So many plotholes based on hentai logic (blackmail time so let's go to being fucked until someone attempt to save me and etc.), but not real world one or even standard manga\anime world.
And because of that each chapter is just abuse of reader for what? To show that people can be cunts?

Ending is fine, and it pretty much a biggest happy end that can be with that story.
Except rapist son didn't have some good old gallow time for his crimes against MCs and humanity... But hey maybe he will jump of window or something like that.
-----
So it's 56/100 and in mangadex it's 6/10.
Read if want to feel some abuse or like mental BDSM.

Just want to say this, the story itself is good but, i just got a little bit disappointed when the teacher blackmailed the girl, it looks like in h story lol. So im giving 8/10

Users who are viewing this thread