Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai - Vol. 3 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
@BassKnight Her being able to lie is another piece of evidence that she can go against her programming (or that she doesn't have the same programming that most robots have). She can lie to Takuma, spend her energy boiling an egg when it would cause trouble for him, try kissing him when it clearly injures him, refuse to open her head compartment when ordered by an examiner, write his name on an omelet with ketchup, and hold a knife to his face to prove a point.

Dex-chan lover
@SteveJust I heard the same story about telling the difference between US and East Bloc military vehicles.
My favorite is still how machine learning learned the difference between males and females - males would be wearing a tie. XD

Dex-chan lover
"Am I the one that's weird here?"

@Simpleton That sounds like lots of little kids. I'm a dude with long hair and a beard, but I'll have young kids think I'm a girl just because I have long hair. Because they were taught that the difference between boys and girls is that girls have long hair. Lol.

Dex-chan lover
I literally use the same landmark system (though obviously not with cats or cars) whenever I want to get somewhere but I don't feel safe pulling out my phone and using Google Maps.

Am I a robot?

Dex-chan lover
So, this chapter was a tad unrealistic. If it's the future theres no reason why every robot wouldn't have access to google maps. Map technology now is already crazy advanced and more than sufficient.

Maintaining an up-to-date urban sidewalk map is a hard problem and GPS is unreliable in urban areas. Furthermore, it isn't completely given that navigation satellites are available in the future due to how they can hypothetically be used for missile guidance. Ostensibly the mentioned self-driving cars get around these problems but our humble cooking robot may not have access to the necessary proprietary data sources. And maybe nobody ever told mina about google maps. She might not be very old.

high tech robot...
dumber than my smartphone's map application...

pick one.

Oh I get it!

This is the universe where they focused on robot tech more than GPS tech!

(Joke)

This melts my heart. More so than many manga that have actual facial expressions.

@Crookshanks
wonderful chapter. mamoru's blind love for mina, mina's smugness, mamoru using his more advanced logic to make up for the gap in mina's knowledge, and finally mina acknowledging mamoru. just awesome, so subtle and funny

All of this. Also Mina and the pedestrian button, Mamoru climbing into her storage like a kangaroo pouch, and Takuma’s reaction at the last panel. This chapter is pure Takagi-and-Chi level fluffiness for me.

This is cute and all but what is this nonsense? Not only does she not have GPS but she also doesn't even try to contact Super Mina? Hell, even without GPS you can look up a map of your neighborhood and cross reference your home to the closest supermarkets or whatnot... Cute chapter but also fucking terrible.

Dex-chan lover
I own two robots, a Roomba and a robot lawnmower, neither has GPS. They both rely on their own sensors or a docking station to tell them their current position. Mina is a cooking robot who's supposed to stand in one spot and cook, how would GPS help her reach the fridge or stove? Also Mina's been shown to use the house's WIFI for internet access.

Users who are viewing this thread