Boku wa, Yuri na Onee-chan wo Ouen Shiteimasu - Vol. 1 Ch. 6.5 - I'll Cheer On Onee-chan! Part 2

Double-page supporter
Man, we barely had any shota wingman scenes. It would have been better if the series was completely from the brother's perspective and any information the reader would get came from him. It would making interpreting what happens a lot more fun IMO.

Dex-chan lover
This feels kind of unfulfilling for Mio. He was actually the one who worked the most in this series, three times more than anyone else. He was also utterly selfless. You might say the conclusion made him happy, but it's because he's happy when Shizuku is happy. However, the problem there is that he needs to take care of that airhead big sister, who would be hopeless without him. So, while he's happy, that happiness doesn't really have anything to do with him. He's not her father, not even a big brother. He's a several years younger little brother, and it's tragic his happiness is derived from succeeding in taking care of the big sister, not from his own life. I know Shizuku has no wicked thoughts and is innocent, but she's totally taking him for granted. Furthermore, not in a single scene I can remember could you say she was worried about him or how his life is going on.

If this series had continued a bit longer, I have a feeling Saki would have actually paid attention to Mio's situation. That would have been jolly good. But, alas, no.

Resident Yuripig
Contributor
@imkyo
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=153754
Status in Country of Origin [Edit]
1 Volume (Completed)

Completely Scanlated? [Edit]
Yes

Aggregator gang
@Kaarme Agreed - this felt very abrupt for all the characters, but especially for Mio since he spent the whole series helping others. Personally I would have liked a mild romance between him and black haired friend Sui. I thought it was cute how Sui's the only character in the show who actually pays attention to Mio instead of the sister and her issues. Like how in this chapter he asks Mio if he's getting enough sleep. Having him shift attention away from his sister to someone else, and maybe having his sister try to support him, would have been a nice reverse of the earlier chapters. But alas, I guess the story got cancelled or something.

Dex-chan lover
>Have an happy ending
>People find a way to make it not happy

For god sake, it's a comedy manga guys. You put too much thoughts on things that won't even matter. I don't think the point was on Mio, well not entierly but you understand the point. It's a YURI manga not a yaoi one, in the end the point was to bring Saki and Shizuku together. Why you act like Mio is not happy ? He want them both to get together and he get it. The end.There is nothing more than that and it was the goal from the start. Also there was no cancel or axe, those kind of stuff usually get only 1 or 2 volumes so it was 1 volume from the start.

Aggregator gang
@Lilliwyt Its a yuri manga with 3 main characters - the 2 romantic leads, and Mio. The romantic leads plot felt rushed, with stuff like the romantic rival they just introduced doing pretty much nothing, and Mio's ending felt underdeveloped, with him never developing a character outside of the sister's cheerleader. I'm not saying it wasn't a happy ending, and I'm not saying they had to go the shounen ai route, but I do think the ending was a bit boring. My comment about Sui was just an example of something fun I think the author could have done to flesh out Mio's character more. The author could have done lots of things. But instead they decided to do the minimum it took to wrap up the story, and regardless of whether that was because of the publisher ending it, or because they just didn't wanna continue the story, it is kind of frustrating as a reader

Dex-chan lover
@mirewitch I agree with you, the story is rushed and fall flat. Aoi could have been used better with more room but she do a u-turn and suddendly decide to bring them together when she said herself she love Shizuku

The author could have done lots of things. But instead they decided to do the minimum it took to wrap up the story

Like i said, it was probably decided before hand it will be only one volume for the story Think those kind of things are planned before the author start to work on it

Group Leader
The cutest, wholesome-est ending, to be sure. Mio is a big shipper and surprisingly Aoi is such a good person and loves to see Shizuku happy she's such a good person aaaaaaaa. I wouldn't mind them getting into a poly relationship. Overall, it was a bit rushed but a very cute ending and I adore it! <3.

Dex-chan lover
Sudden end? Well, not big of a deal, can't say that we lose something great here.

Users who are viewing this thread