Bouken ni wa, Buki ga Hitsuyou da! ~Kodawari Rudy no Kajiya Gurashi~

pretty good but the drawing is a bit rough.
If the drawing gets better, definitely would buy

Fed-Kun's army
the combat scenes getting better and better
also the mc finally made a good weapon, but then its way too good at its job, it broke down after 2 uses
shame

Dex-chan lover
Just good old fantasy without video game stuff like levels and skills. The world building and attention to detail shows how much care and thought they put into it. The art style and designs really shine as well. And most of all it's fun.
It's going to get axed isn't it ;_;

Blacksmithing manga Will always have a soft spot in my heard but this one i gotta say, is peak

It's good. Got a pretty vibrant story and in depth world-building. I likes how every exposition is being conveyed thoughtfully. Some panels are drawn with soo much details that you can feels the atmosphere. The details of the world is very rich, being introduced little by little. It makes the world feels alive.

That aside some panels are drawn very simplistic. I know that the author might be faced by tight deadlines and still wants to convey the atmosphere well in other well drawn panels, but it just make me felt like there are two different manga altogether. Plus, sometimes the panels is too overcrowded with nothing to fully focus on.

With 5 chapters just for the introduction to the world, I wonder what kinds of story will the author gives.

Dex-chan lover
Its a fun series, neat and quirky. MC has some charm, acts goofy but isn't an idiot and can actually get things done when she does things properly. All in all, fun series. I rate it so far, 7.5 out of 10.

Pretty good so far. Art is a bit rough, especially in some panels on chapter 1, but I can already see some small improvements by cahpter 5 so that shouldn't be a problem in the long run. Rudy is an enjoyable protagonist, cheerful and slightly airheaded but not an idiot. Conceptually, "a young girl who wants to become a blacksmith who makes the most legendary adventuring armaments" sounds like a fun idea and it translates into the actual story, with interesting weapons, Rudy's antics always leading to them being bizarre in some sort of way (examples: "I need a cooking knife" - makes a freaking katana; "I need a weapon to kill a golem" - makes the Stake Driver from Bloodborne).

These sorts of series that are very slice of life and spend time exploring how things work in the fantasy setting are always some of my favorites. Of course the town's called "Waelthroad", the entrance to the dungeon looks like a whale's head. Of course the Guildhall is named "Waelstear", it's placed right below the whale's eye and even has a giant crystal tear on top of the building. It's little details like these that really had to the world building in a fun way.
All in all, there's very little available to read at the moment, only up to chapter 5 (chapter 5.5 is just a 3 page long joke chapter), but it's been fun so far. Will definitely be reading more when more chapters are available.

Dex-chan lover
It's alright.
Art definitely gets better and blacksmithing is always fun to watch for me at least.
I have a problem with over the top world-building if it doesn't aim for anything, seems like a waste of reading but is too soon to tell yet.

Always good to see more Mado Guchimoto manga, though considering he has 3(?!) running at the moment, can't help but worry about overextension. Probably part of the irregular schedule on Tokyo Interstellar Immigration, though.

Users who are viewing this thread