Boukenka ni Narou! Skill Board de Dungeon Kouryaku - Vol. 4 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
For the record, this dude got bamboozled, TWICE, one by store owner, and this 3 shitheads, I can't tell if he a peace loving moron or just doesn't have good awareness.

Fed-Kun's army
The fuck just I read.... villain goes from rape face to begging for forgiveness in a second with MC just "...okay". That was the most weird plot a story can get....

Double-page supporter
Is it me or the author wants to protect the integrity of the character with plot armor???

Double-page supporter
@Myst My problem isn't with having characters willing to rape a woman, though there sure are an enormous number of such characters in manga and anime. It's that the default scenario for a crisis involving female characters is that someone is trying to rape them. Whether it's a brutal hentai or a wacky comedy manga, it's always rape.

Can you imagine if American media used rape and the threat of rape with the same frequency? The reason it hits with such impact in a show like Game of Thrones is because we don't see it used as a plot device constantly. Now picture it being so common a trope as to be part of a throaway gag on, say, The Simpsons. People would see it as lazy and gross, and they would be right to do so.

(Edited slightly for clarity.)

Fed-Kun's army
@tuatara1

What do you want the author to do instead? The options are.

1. Maim
2. Kill
3. Rape

If you boil it down all acts of evil on a personal basis become these three. Anything else (destroying social life, stealing belongings, etc.) don't work visually and can not be brought up on the moment.
Can you imagine if American media used rape and the threat of rape the same way?
Yeah, there would be a lot less generic violence and sadistic torture cliches. Sounds like an improvement. American media landscape is terribly overladen with villains that don't feel like real people just violent brutes.

Dex-chan lover
ok mc is a retard, just take your fucking mask and nobody will notice you, and also, you were planing to let those fuckers live? hahahaha what a let down

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I don't understand half of you. Not wanting to live the rest of his life with regrets, makes him a retard? Killing someone, or letting someone you could save get killed, is not a fucking easy choice to live with. He's naive, but at least he's willing to risk his life for his own beliefs. I bet that's more than most of you fuckers would.

you argument doesn't make sense so you will save someone who attempted to rape and killed your companion in front of you. because they plead as a joke because they failed to do so you will save them and act as any of those stuff never happen.

wow, I love when everyone disaggre with how the MC threat the rapist, he should kill him. But no, the MC is a saint, all live matter to him, altough his friend would be killed and raped by them...
Fortunately, this type of such SJW, only happen in USA and Manga, I hope the rapist get what they deserve, which is something more terrible than death by snu-snu....

Double-page supporter
I got a annoying feeling that he'll save them or some shit.... I mean I'm perfectly fine him grinding points but not saving rapist, murdering asshole "it's just a joke bro~" team, lloll plus they know about his leveling up skill board

Dex-chan lover
If those guys don't die... I might just drop this manga. This is so stupid. They were about to rape his partner and rescue objective. Then they were trying to kill them. Yet.... YET, he just lets them go without killing them and even is attempting to escape with them. F-s

Dex-chan lover
is novel doing this kind of thing??

imagine saving these 3 guys, but reject to let the girl sleep at your house

Okay okay okay... Manga, i’ll Level with you. Kill at least one of the fuckers. And then you can let the other two live... chained up with their limbs torn off at the joints and thrown in jail to be used a ‘relief’ material. That is the ONLY outcome I will accept. Don’t you DARE let manipulative immoral rapists like them get away without punishment.

@cor3zone
Well, think of this way: the protagonist is risking himself, putting his life on the line, to save three people who have, at the very least, committed the following acts:
1) Attempt to sacrifice a teammate, one who has put their trust on you, leaving them to be eaten alive by monsters;
2) Orchestrate the death of an innocent employee of the guild and subject her to days of mental torture and despair as she waits for death;
3) Kick a girl in the head, potentially crippling her;
4) Attempt to rape two defenseless women, with the intention of murdering them afterward in cold blood, one of them being a dear friend of the protagonist;
5) Attempt to kill the protagonist himself.
And they'd do all of that without a single iota of remorse. I read the LN.
As they're being killed by the monsters, they cry out something along the lines of, "What did I do deserve this?!" No regret whatsoever. One of them does ask for forgiveness, but it's quickly followed by a plea to be saved, so it can be argued that he was just grasping at straws.
Therefore, it can be concluded that these three people are pretty much psychopaths, a threat to society as a whole, and we have no way of knowing whether they committed similar acts in the past (and give by their lack of hesitation, it wouldn't be illogical to assume that they have some experience with this).
And now, we have the protagonist's reaction: shortly after freeing himself, he jokes with them with a light-hearted atmosphere about his blog, and then proceeds to go out of his way and put his life on the line for these three people, just because he doesn't want to see people die, even though they're most certainly deserving of a most gruesome death, and that there's a chance that they could escape later and continue committing these kinds of evil acts, with the possibility of trying to plot against the protagonist and his party members in the future.
I'm sorry, but I just feel like this is forced writing. It simply doesn't compute to me. Of course, you may disagree with me, and you're free to do so, but I thought I could offer you some insight into what "the other half" that disagrees with you is thinking. Also, I must stress that this isn't about simply saving them. As I stated numerous times, attempting to save them is risky to him. He may potentially die. He's potentially sacrificing himself for absolute scum. Not even Shirou Emiya is this retarded, and he has a hero complex of brobdingnagian proportions.

Users who are viewing this thread