Boukensha License o Hakudatsu Sareta Ossan Dakedo, Manamusume ga Dekita no de Nonbiri Jinsei o Ouka Suru - Vol. 4 Ch. 14.2

Contributor
Even in non-isekai series, they still need to add super Nippon soy sauce and wasabi, huh?

Double-page supporter
hope dario doesn't go douchebag later on, cuz I think I'm starting to like him

Double-page supporter
for those that didnt know, lizards invented soy sauce a long time ago.

Dex-chan lover
It kind of is annoying how soy sauce and Japanese cooking is portrayed as universally adored in works like these. A lot of people like it, sure, but at the same time, if you didn't grow up with it, it will taste wrong. Even now, I'm still not fond of soy sauce.

I’m reading this from a sushi place, what a coincidence. Also I don’t use soy sauce with sushi

Dex-chan lover
I’m wondering how he can defrost it so quickly without cooking it.
Also, you need to keep it frozen for a while, otherwise the larvae can survive (I know, other world and all but still)

@lordofleechers Yeah I’ve always found it a bit stupid that people in other worlds love Japanese food over any other...

I personally hate raw fish and soy sauce is really meh.

XL

Dex-chan lover
This chapter is the most blatant Japanese cuisine advertisement ever. Oh look Sashimi, soy sauce, wasabiiiiiiiii. So forced.... ugh, lol.

i love raw fish & japan cuisine... however i find it incredibly obnoxious how much they keep on pushing their cuisine when doing fantasy mangas... not sure what i hate most between that & isekai dudes that try to convert everything to yen when a different world economy is absolutely incomparable to ours...

Dex-chan lover
Here we go again, obligatory chapter where everyone has Japanese food and loves it. Despite soy sauce actually being revolting.

Revolutionary idea-- how about isekai authors actually research the food of countries that resemble the place where everyone got isekai'd to? Extra challenge: cakes and bakery goods are off-limits! 😤

Fed-Kun's army
@crochetcocokin Some Isekai stories do present quite a few european dishes though. I've seen quiche, western kinds of pasta, soups, and even paella

Users who are viewing this thread