Boukensha License wo Hakudatsu Sareta Ossan Dakedo, Manamusume ga Dekita no de Nonbiri Jinsei wo Oukasuru - Vol. 7 Ch. 25

Dex-chan lover
Dear Alan,

Cool story bro,
Still don't give a shit though.

Sincerely,
Readers.

Dex-chan lover
It's so nice to know how many people share the same opinions as I do.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao Alan really got played. His good intentions were so easily corrupted by Edmunds desire to be the greatest sorcerer. Like there are so many steps you can take before a literal curse that will cause someone to die the more they use their skills. Like talk to him maybe???

Not a good enough reason. Especially due to how they treated him and how they kidnapped his adopted daughter.

My take on it:
Edmund spitballed the idea of hexing to Alan.
Alan, out of selfishness to keep MC alive and stop his suicidal rush to the end, agreed to hex him, justifying it to himself as a "temporary" measure until the find the demon king. However he was probably too guilt ridden to actually tell him to his face, so just did a bullshit kick him from the party thing.

Edmond then, without discussing it with Alan, took it upon himself to place a much stronger hex than necessary on MC in order to cripple his magic power far greater than necessary, doing so torn between his desire to protect MC, to protect Alan and the party's ability to grow and more nefariously to gain the title of greatest sorcerer and step into the limelight.

And I guess the plot slowly got tangled up, with both Alan and Edmond not really wanting to admit their plot, because what they did for mostly "good" reasons was genuinely a bad action and hurt their friend far more than ever helped him, leading them to take their mistakes to their grave for better or for worse.

wtf is that backstory, it is no way consistent with their present actions.
They practically did a 180 on their initial reason of "MCs safety" to jealousy, attacking civilians, kidnapping, killing the MC( taking that curse is same as death). And all of these violate Alans initial beliefs.
The other plots seem better that this, like the Alan clone with nuke power, and the twin princess.

I...kinda get the reasoning behind this. I think? I mean, I can sort of understand where Alan is coming from.

What I don't get is how he came to the conclusion that a hex to make Douglas literally cast from HP would make him stop. He was already doing that indirectly by tanking hits, then healing himself. Years of traveling with, and supposedly looking up to, Douglas should have shown him that he's not the kinda guy who'd ignore someone in danger just because he might die.

I mean, there's a lot of steps in between that he could have taken.

Hell, I'm pretty sure that if he came out and said he didn't want to see another father figure die, then Douglas would've taken a look at himself and what he was doing. He knows what Alan went through. He experienced the pain of losing a parent. He might not stop putting himself in danger, but he'd sure as hell make sure he doesn't die.

In conclusion, fuck Alan. This isn't a knee-jerk reaction or me dragging along my baggage if hate from previous chapters. This is me weighing his reasoning and action, and then deciding that he's still a fuckwit.

The only good thing I can say is that if he weren't such an idiot, we wouldn't have Ravioli.

Edit: So...autocorrupt decided to change "Ravi" to "ravioli". Not even mad. I needed that laugh after this chapter.

To keep him alive because of my "good will" now I will kidnap his daughter and force him become a useless man again.
Enough manga for today.

Double-page supporter
I mean yes he did go suicidal to try n protect them and needed some help in dealing with the loss of his mother
BUT
Hexing him was not the way!
I feel bad for everyone involved I still dont trust the other wizard boy

Hey Alan I can understand where are you coming from and don't want to lose another father figure but instead of forcing Douglas to "retirement" can you just talk like a normal human being instead? You can already do it about your past why not now?

Dex-chan lover
@omebude18 - yeah, that's pretty much how i see it. Edmond even had the "brilliant" idea of having Alan be the caster of the hex, so on the slim chance Douglas could break it, Alan would receive the rebound.

i get it but it is not the way. Alan could've expelled Douglas normally without hexing him. if Douglas doesn't agree then run away at night

For a sob story this was done right. I can sympathize. Alan, this was just not the way. Good job author.

Dex-chan lover
This goddamn dumb moron so-called hero and sage!!!

Just talk to him and expel him, no need for the hex -_-

Yeah, no. A little bit too late to make me feel sorry for them. I'm on the same page with the rest of the comments. Fuck them both.

I expect Douglas to forgive them, remove hex and let them go.
I fucking hate that this will probably happen.

Dex-chan lover
I can see that Douglas back then would not listen to his party calling out his reckless behavior. Because, to him, they were all *children* that he need to protect. It's certainly not the kind of attitude that Douglas would take them seriously back then.

Dex-chan lover
@tranhi123 my thought exactly the same, its the dumbest reason to safe someone in the history of manga ive ever read

Supporter
So they were useless. They should had rather gave up and let Douglas fight on his own, instead of getting in his way.

Users who are viewing this thread