Boukensha ni Naritai to Miyako ni Deteitta Musume ga S Rank ni Natteta - Vol. 4 Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
@ColourMyAlphabet
She's an orphan whose parents were killed in a religious pogrom, then after god only knows what misfortunes she's picked up by literal cultists
she's a tool
tools don't deserve punishment

@MangaRockRefugee In real life, tools use in murders and mass destruction are destroyed publicly and completely so no other people can use it again to do the same exact thing again.

Naturally as others told you, this is a fiction geared for parents so of course, the little bitch get off with zero punishment and no scoldings for attempted murders, actual terrorism and vandalism.

YESSSS! Update of my favourite manga! 3 months seemed like a year... Thanks so much for the new chapter!

@exxp

In short, they are powerful mana constructs created by some powerful crazy sorcerer. Due to him vanishing they were left on their own and were sealed because they were dangerous and (not entirely sure) indestructable

Also, the irony of that girl being:
1) A saint of Vienna's cult.
2) Daughter of cardinal (again, Vienna's religion)
3) Victim of power game of the pope of same religion.

Is totally not lost on me. No wonder she is hell bent on revenge. Also, I suppose the ring is doing its work too

Dex-chan lover
To be fair if that is the same city people that killed her parents they deserve everything bad that comes to them.

Double-page supporter
@Bramia they were persecuted by the same church they believed in, not a different church. Vienna's church/cult.
The father is a cardinal for the church and blames the pope for their persecution (presumably the father didn't want to pay his bribes or didn't pay enough).
They're being called heretics because of the daughter, so her appearance is probably cursed in the eyes of the church.

Dex-chan lover
@MonkeyMagic
Knifes still exist despite being tools that have been used for murder since forever.
The entire concept of armament industry still exist.
And in the same way, soldiers are not executed after killing people in a war and the weapon they used are not destroyed either.

Dex-chan lover
And in the same way, soldiers are not executed after killing people in a war and the weapon they used are not destroyed either.
@Blabladodo Well, sometimes the weapons are destroyed. I'm pretty sure anyone in Japan who digs up an old military sword (gunto) from storage somewhere is supposed to hand it over to the government so they can get rid of it. They didn't stop making swords all together. They're just more of a cultural heritage thing now, smiths have to get special government approval to do it.

You're mostly right though aside from oddly specific things like that which don't really change anything else that you said. If we wanna be able to cook well, we'll need cooking knives and unfortunately human meat isn't exactly invulnerable to those or anything so someone could use them for bad things. Just like a rock, or a roll of yarn. Pretty much anything, really.

You know a funny scene would've been if the grandma was also holding a sword. I can just imagine myself laughing

Aggregator gang
I think I've been continually glossing over Charlotte's backstory every reread I did, but the girl looks like she was 4 years old, how did she survive living alone? Also her father was a cardinal, that's like a really high rank in a church, couldn't he have sent a servant with the girl or had her mother go with her, how did this little kid end up alone with so many resources available? I'm not hating on the misguided villain trope itself, I'm totally fine with that, but the specific circumstance that led to this scenario is slightly puzzling on closer inspection.

Dex-chan lover
@SpaceFootballKing The servant thing could be (potentially) explained. Seeing how they're all religious zealots, fanatics and morons, it stands to reason the servants ALSO turned on the family.
Or, even if they didn't, that the parents didn't trust them.
The mom wanting to stay with her husband also makes sense. I'd say the choice of that, or leaving with the kid, may be 50/50. We don't get more intel on whether they actually were planning to get away or just stay and die.

As for the girl, well, perception in manga is weird (and, well, age is too, with kids depicted way too smart). I've been around a few pre-schoolers. While size-wise she seems small to be even 6, from the few lines she delivers she does NOT sound 5, let alone 4. I'd say 6, if you force me to give an age.
And it wouldn't be the first 6yo to survive on the streets...

Group Leader
Such light and seemingly cute artstyle can surprisingly go well with dark themed drawings. I've come to like this artist more.

And Milly, what an adorable fluff you are. I wanna hug you tightly in bed. :glee:

Users who are viewing this thread