Boy's Abyss - Ch. 153 - Face to Face

source.gif

Dex-chan lover
I suppose this was the lover's suicide they deserved after what happened to their relationship. One devoid of intimacy and romance, and couldn't be any further from the contents of their story in the book.

Group Leader
he has cancer, not a heart attack lmao, cancer patient rarely just up and keel over, and more of a long ass drawn out dead. Ex: my grandmother has lung cancer, she die 3 years after stop doing chemo and well into her 80s.
I'm aware but every other day they act like he's dead only for a single frame of him not being. How long ago was his talk? Same with the mom. Nothing ever resolves in this manga.

Dex-chan lover
I'm aware but every other day they act like he's dead only for a single frame of him not being. How long ago was his talk? Same with the mom. Nothing ever resolves in this manga.
It's only been a few days/weeks in the story since that time iirc. If Ryo sped up the story any more it'd feel rushed.

Also, you just realized the entire point of the manga, congratulations!
Characters have to live and/or suffer with the consequences of their actions.

Only if they're willing to be better, they're eventually saved from the abyss. Gen, Chako, and Kasumasa have been saved from the abyss, and even Esemori to some extent, so things do resolve eventually.

The story is focusing on the central characters now, so they'll likely face their final destinations in upcoming chapters.

What are guys on about? Am i the only one thinking that was the most polite way to say it? She even return her former lover to her, so that they can die together. And you guys saying it like she wants her dead asap.

Fed-Kun's army
What are guys on about? Am i the only one thinking that was the most polite way to say it? She even return her former lover to her, so that they can die together. And you guys saying it like she wants her dead asap.
I agree with you. By reading the comments, i guess everyone thought nagi was absolutely savage and cold.
So yeah, I think she'd like Reiji to let go of his mom, so she'd like yuko to die
But that what she did to yuko was quite poetic, even nice and respectful maybe
Introducing herself as yuko's love interest 's wife, then placing yuko' s hand holding the book of yuko and Akira's love suicide on yuko' s heart, while telling her she gives akira back to yuko
Maybe there is some empathy toward yuko in that gesture
Nagi has common points with yuko, that would make sense for Nagi to understand yuko a bit.
She would have been cold and savage if she'd said : "die already you bitch" she did not and I don't think she meant to be this savage.

Dex-chan lover
I agree with you. By reading the comments, i guess everyone thought nagi was absolutely savage and cold.
So yeah, I think she'd like Reiji to let go of his mom, so she'd like yuko to die
But that what she did to yuko was quite poetic, even nice and respectful maybe
Introducing herself as yuko's love interest 's wife, then placing yuko' s hand holding the book of yuko and Akira's love suicide on yuko' s heart, while telling her she gives akira back to yuko
Maybe there is some empathy toward yuko in that gesture
Nagi has common points with yuko, that would make sense for Nagi to understand yuko a bit.
She would have been cold and savage if she'd said : "die already you bitch" she did not and I don't think she meant to be this savage.
The just fucking die meme is because of the last panel where Nagi said "So do him the kindness of going with him". The way Nagi said it, and with the context of Nagi being angry at Esemori for having used her, may imply there's venom in her words.

Now that the subject got resurrected, Reiji may have picked up something very wrong (but with reasons, explaining below) while watching Nagi hand Esemori's book to Yuko. All because he did the same thing with Chako (something he actually reflected when Nagi went to his house in ch151. If he could have talked to Nagi, none of that shit would have happened to his cf). Telling it in simple words, Reiji wanted to give Chako the illusion of dying with Ese by telling her the words she wanted to hear, handing her a copy of Ese's book and burning his house. Here, Nagi is doing the same thing, and Reiji realized it's going to be futile to make Yuko delusional enough to think Esemori is with her through that book because he went through the same experience of giving somebody who wanted to die with Esemori (Chako) the same illusion. That shit will very likely put him against Nagi again.

Now things are making sense bit by bit. This chapter's last panel with Esemori's melancholic gaze may imply he still regrets a single thing and wants to amend it before he dies, but his cancer won't allow him to go by himself there. Either he gets brought to the town, or she gets brought to Tokyo. But both Esemori and Reiji have the picture a bit clear: nothing will be solved through false illusions, only communication will break the fishtanks, and both of them will end going to run against time and death, one to prevent dying with regrets, and other to regret something awful.

And the true nature of the betta fishes when facing each other (territorial creatures who will fight over its piece of land) will be manifested.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread