Boy's Abyss - Ch. 173 - The Flame of a Righteous Life

Dex-chan lover
Yes Reiji, get Mao to regret messing up Nagi’s life while also just walking away from her to have his own happy life without accountability. Another revenge arc that I didn’t expect but I welcome it. Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
Welp... I don't know how I feel about this. Actually, I know, I feel like this murder-revenge plot is kind of shitty. Mao's death is not a punishment. I think it would be better if Reiji tries to expose him to destroy his life, but it is what it is.

5WZhcUS.png

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Welp... I don't know how I feel about this. Actually, I know, I feel like this murder-revenge plot is kind of shitty. Mao's death is not a punishment. I think it would be better if Reiji tries to expose him to destroy his life, but it is what it is.

5WZhcUS.png

Thanks for the chapter!
That's his inner-Yuko coming out, can't really imagine after what he did to Yuko and Yuri that he'd settle for exposing Mao, and even if he did, then what? Reiji is acting on his anger right now, while a major mistake, I can't imagine he'll actually get to kill Mao, his life would be over.

Wouldn't be surprised if Yuri takes the fall somehow.

Was there really a need to create a final villain? I don't know, I don't like the direction it's going

Dex-chan lover
I know this story is mess up but this time I'm looking forward to what Reiji does to Mao, instead of killing him, I want to see Mao's daily life turn into a mess and misery.

Dex-chan lover
Did he get hard at the thought of killing someone?
I... maybe?

Since you posed the question, I'm reminded of a segment in Sensei's White Lie, where the heroine remarks that she hasn't had a period in the longest while (because, presumably, the life of sexual trauma and the consequent stress that she's had since shortly before the beginning of the narrative). She was also unwittingly building a rapport with one of her homeroom students up to that point, and upon considering that she desired his company (as in, at the point they found themselves kissing for the first time), she found herself menstruating again (that, and/or she experienced a genuine arousal for the first time in a long time, this being signified with the invocation of the idea of menstruation).

It's odd how I've seen this kind of sexual symbolism-- a linkage between reproductive function and will to live/something of that sort-- potentially twice in manga. Certainly, I personally haven't seen this kind of literary device in American stories, and I reckon it's less common.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread