Boy's Abyss - Ch. 176 - Release

Dex-chan lover
I still ship Chako (miss chubby Chako....) x Reiji x Gen. I like the three of them together but it was obvious that Reiji was always going to be staying in that town. Another thing is that no character seems to be homo/biphobic in this. The depression so deep that they got no phobia for anyone.

Group Leader
It kinda hurts that Chako understands Reiji and that he'll never be able to leave that town but is bittersweet about finally seeing him find a purpose. She knows that's probably going to be the last time she sees him. Now he finally got some resolution with Chako and Gen.

Like others have been saying I'm worried that Yuri is going to get in Reiji's way. It'll allow Mao to escape and find Nagi to drag this story out. I have a weird feeling that Yuri will tell Mao where Nagi is too.

Dex-chan lover
Like others have been saying I'm worried that Yuri is going to get in Reiji's way. It'll allow Mao to escape and find Nagi to drag this story out. I have a weird feeling that Yuri will tell Mao where Nagi is too.
If Yuri backstabs Reiji like that, then she signed her death sentence on an even more gruesome way. But at least, that would trigger Reiji's desire to gtfo town, even if it's to rescue Nagi so they can die... however it won't happen like that, the story can't be dragged anymore. Ryou is rushing this manga and packing many events in just one chapter it's not farfetched to say the great climax will happen in chapters 178 and 179, with the following 3 chapters being the conclusion.

Abyss gonna be on another break the next week, maybe the penultimate or antepenultimate one, and the flags for the inevitable climax announcement (last 5 chapters) were already raised. If chapter 178 or 179 gets the opening color page (with the these are the last 5 chapters text, 4 if it's on chapter 179), then the deal was sealed and we must be prepared for a tragic yet beautiful end.

What it may happen is that Yuri will indeed tell Mao where Nagi is with the intention of making both of them fuck off from The Town, Reiji will pick the intentions behind that and murder both of them or just Yuri if Mao gets his way.

If Mao drags Nagi outside of The Town, maybe a miracle will happen and Nagi would tell her uncle to go fuck himself and run back to The Town to wait for Reiji finding out she's waiting at the bridge.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Damn, he's gone. Only thing I think that will save him is that sensei will take the fall for the murder and hopefully he will get the will to leave that town with Nagi. Thanks for the chapter!!!

Im fifty fifty on wherever Reiji will die or not. On one hand he is dead set on killing Mao and do a double suicide with Nagi. But on the other side i feel like all of the characters moving on and encouraging him from Gtfo of town is to set him free from burden so he can have a life, the problem is that Reiji doesnt understand this and insted he feels like he is losing everything, maybe when he confront mao or when Yuko die he realise this.

Dex-chan lover
I'm sure everything will go just according to keikaiku and nothing will go wrong.

Dex-chan lover
Yuri gonna sacrifice herself and kill Mao first. Then Reiji and Nagi are going to live 'happily ever after'. Their interpretation of "happily ever after" will undoubtedly be different than the signature phrase is generally known for.

Dex-chan lover
The boy will kill a man to avenge a girl's honor but won't sleep with the girl and just make her his woman.
Loving someone isn't about turning her into a sex slave tho, but respecting their true wishes and appreciate them for what they are. Reiji actually wanted to die before meeting Nagi.

Yuri gonna sacrifice herself and kill Mao first. Then Reiji and Nagi are going to live 'happily ever after'. Their interpretation of "happily ever after" will undoubtedly be different than the signature phrase is generally known for.
Yeah, this "happily ever after" is all about "eternal happiness", because the last thing they'll feel before unaliving themselves will be an insane happiness.

I'm no psychiatrist to ever guess wtf is on a suicider's mind, but have some very, veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery close and sudden experiences. An uncle who was on the deep end after falling into the pasta base (similar to crack, a cheap cocaine derivate that is too popular between slum and ghetto drug addicts in Argentina, Chile and Perú) addiction and committed suicide 5 years ago was quite happy the day before he hung himself and even made some quite dark jokes during the last lunch i shared with him. And a cousin who killed himself 13 years ago was doing his life normally, and the day he unalived himself he was watching a superclásico (the soccer match between the 2 most massive soccer teams of my country: Colo Colo vs Universidad de Chile) before he killed himself. His living circumstsnces sucked dick tho, and felt abandonment on multiple ways (stepdad hated him, mom cared about her other children and neglected him, and his biodad, AKA the uncle who killed himself 5 years ago, was absolutely absent), into the final years, he also fell into the pasta base addiction and attempted suicide by slitting his wrist just 2 or 3 months before he actually committed suicide for real.

That's the reason i can't go hard on Reiji or Nagi about the paths they chose.

Aggregator gang
The boy will kill a man to avenge a girl's honor but won't sleep with the girl and just make her his woman.
At this point, Mao is just a vessel for Reiji to finally act out on. Yuko and everyone else never gave him the chance.

It's pathetic.

That panel a couple chapters ago about Nagi's abuse sickened me. So I'm ngl, I hope Mao gets done in something gruesome, doesn't matter who does it but it's just sick how he gets to move on while trapping that poor girl. The one major character in this story (besides Shiba) who wasn't a victim just a vile bastard. Also Reiji/Yuko's dad.

Dex-chan lover
Biggest Gen fan here. Gen looks so pretty in this panel.

AAZ31aJ.png

Whatever happens to Reiji, I want a sequel about Gen's life after prison.

Dex-chan lover
I bet he's gonna fuck it up and make it even more complicated
If this gets dragged other 30 chapters, i would believe that, but the story is about to end. Either Reiji does the bloody deed or sees how fucking done at life Mao is after Nagi's story got exposed it's no use to kill him (with Yuri killing him because that shit will finally allow her to marry Reiji... without considering Reiji would sell her out to the cops) or teacher backstabs Reiji and guides Mao towards Nagi to make them gtfo the town so she can legally have Reiji... but Reiji picks on the betrayal and vents his bloodlust into her, Ishibashi tells Reiji Yuko died. Parallel to that, Nagi escapes from Mao and uses her last strengths to go to the bridge and wait for Reiji.

Dex-chan lover
Damn who would've figured that "I'll wait for you" for Gen, when I was wanting Reiji to forget about everyone and leave the town, was actually Reiji's final saving grace. Now he has nothing to hold onto except go through with the murder.

Fed-Kun's army
If this gets dragged other 30 chapters, i would believe that, but the story is about to end. Either Reiji does the bloody deed or sees how fucking done at life Mao is after Nagi's story got exposed it's no use to kill him (with Yuri killing him because that shit will finally allow her to marry Reiji... without considering Reiji would sell her out to the cops) or teacher backstabs Reiji and guides Mao towards Nagi to make them gtfo the town so she can legally have Reiji... but Reiji picks on the betrayal and vents his bloodlust into her, Ishibashi tells Reiji Yuko died. Parallel to that, Nagi escapes from Mao and uses her last strengths to go to the bridge and wait for Reiji.
ngl can't be bothered to read atm but the Mao did actually get exposed or is that something you are speculating on?

Users who are viewing this thread