Boy's Abyss - Ch. 183 - They Were the Boys and Girls of That Town

So open that it almost doesn't feel like an ending at all, it needed at least 2 more chapters just to wrap it up imo.

Dex-chan lover
Oh this is over? I put it on pause at chapter 80+ but read the comment threads. Didn't feel like it'd be over already. Time to pick it back up and be confused with everyone else.

Oh no what are we going to do now? The cycle has ended. But thanks all the translator for the journey that we go through.

One of the worst Endings I have ever witnessed, at least that explains the lackluster Chapters near the end I guess.
It's neither a proper good ending, nor a bad ending.
Heck, it doesn't even feel like a proper end at all.
Hate, that I even wasted so much Time waiting for a conclusion to all the lose ends.
3/10

NIB

Dex-chan lover
It has an ambiguous ending, but I don't feel it's bad, due to the context of the manga, the ending is appropriate, I hope there's an epilogue in the last tankoubon.

Double-page supporter
What a garbage ending. That’s it? I’m glad I lost interest in this edgy borefest of a story long ago and came back just recently just to see the ending. Glad I didn’t miss anything. This story honestly should had ended a long time ago and felt it dragged on much longer than it needed too.

Double-page supporter
So, only confirmed dead is Esemori. Which is to be expected as he was on the death's door a few chapters back already. It's still uncertain if those two really did commit lover's suicide or not. Man...
This is one of the worst things you can do in an ending. We the audience got cheated for wasting our time on this terrible edgy story that didn’t go anywhere towards the end.

Double-page supporter
thank god this manga is finally fucking over

i'm assuming that was Reiji waving in the truck on page 23? this guy really dragged us and every other character in the series through his 183 chapter journey of suicidal ideation and he didn't even go through with it in the end. not gonna miss this manga one bit
That makes the ending even worse if Reiji did actually survive because there’s no indication

Fed-Kun's army
in the end, i still like sensei the most as a character till the end lmao.
the iconic line "were going to my place" was music to my ears, mao about to experience the best mental torment from the expert.

Last edited:
What a mess. I expected it to wind up like this, but it's no less disappointing for it being expected. There was potential here but Minenami Ryo just let it wander and waffle about and lose all cohesion and momentum. I'm guessing he ultimately didn't know what he wanted to do but hoped he would figure it out in the middle of serialization.

Wasted potential is always depressing.

Users who are viewing this thread